Reviews for Symbiosis
Willow Elandria chapter 2 . 4/17/2004
once again, incredibly written, and unbelievably... creepy... with faint echoes of poignancy and some deeper meaning... *shivers*
all i can say is, wow.
Willow
Willow Elandria chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
wow. this is just amazing. i love the kind of surreal, trance-like feeling, as if everything's in black and white, and then the few splotches of color - the trees, the hopscotch squares, the dog... i don't know how to describe this, really, except to say that it was incredible, and that you're an incredible writer with a beautiful and unique style.
it's one of those stories that gives you shivers at the end... i love those.
Willow
blanketgirl chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
interesting. just a note.

"I reach for the door, but it swings open. Not like it’s ajar, either. I see the handle turn."

your flow is broken. a suggestion: "I reach for the door, but i see the handle turn. It swings open."

whatever you want, just thought you might want to consider it.

really, i love the style. beautiful.
Nickety chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
Nice story ... I like the italicized one-liners stuck around here and there. :)
Whisper to the Water chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
Yeah, and I was on hallucinogenic Darjeeling, but am I whining? No...

Finally! A Tim story that I understood on only the second read. Honestly, I liked it. My favorite line was the traveler's response to the dog. Umm...I'll think of something profound and reflective to say later. That's the product of too much algebra.
Anumati chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
You say this is bad, but I think it is merely different. Lots of interesting plot elements are used.

The astral travel is carried out in a methodical, repetitive manner - like a dream, or the mind of a child. The repeating words reminded me of this ADHD kid I sometimes teach at the dojo.

The killer (?) waiting at the doctor's home is pretty nifty, but it's a very Tim-ish element. I'll forgive you because you're on the drugs.

I like the dog and the hopscotch. Makes it seem more real.

All in all, it's not bad. I didn't understand why you wrote, "one bad deed deserves another," though. I'm sensing an untold backstory there.