Reviews for Confession
theTwilightPen chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
Ah...the never-old dry-wit piece.

I liked it. Hell, I really liked it. I don't really like to dabble in desert-dry humor, but this was clever and witty. It punched me hard, but for some reason it was more funny than hurtful or "rude".

So, way to go...you made a political piece that rhymes (that doesn't happen often, you understand-most people just rant angrily and then say "BAM! I wrote Politix Poetry!") and manages to punch the audience without entirely bruising their ego.

I liked it. Good job.

Love the second stanza, and love the last line.
Theatre des Vampires chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
funny,good...

indulgences keep the pope going strong :)

john Paul II should have made more of them..
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
Ah, yes, the old "sin now, repend later" concept.
Loved it.
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Ouch! So true... The church can be so hypocritical sometimes. Well done
Tutube chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
: you didn't really kill anyone. . . did you?
anyways, aside from that, very good poem! _
anon63 chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Damn right you are ;D I enjoyed it immensely... *adds to favorites list* V. nice!
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
This is a great talking piece and hypocracy, well we face it every day.
It is an interesting Satire very well written and concieved. Was it just a considered thought based on past events at the time or did a specific occurance inspire this? (Just wondering)
Keep writing!
F.C
meep chapter 1 . 11/11/2003
hit it right on the nose!
Somnia chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
Well I used to be a catholic and it wasn't like that at all...now I'm born again and I don't believe in confession but I do see your point
closeyoureyes chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
wow, i am a catholic and that was fantastic. thank you () :)

i would even use some profane words to describe my joy in reading it ... but i didnt read the guide lines and i dont want to do anything against them. whatever.
PhiloNysh chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Athough well written, and definitely capitivating, it is offensive to Catholics. But it does show the corruption of the Catholic church. Confession itself was meant to be a way of acceptihng that you've done something wrong, but now its become this whole money game.

The satire was amusing, and its really pathetic how people are still picked on for being homosexual. A point well made
Beau Porteur De Diamant chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
Interesting...I like. I'm supposed to be in a so-called religion, but I'm not too fond of it. Just things I don't agree with. Well, now I'm rambling, but this is a very, very good poem.

-BPDD D
Runwithscythes chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
LOL! mahahha! *ahem* love it *g* organised religion doesn't care about your souls, or your body (unless they're really starved of it...) just your money...
deepdown chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
hmm... i am a christian, but i guess i know how you feel. but then, im an anglican, so we dont have those confession thingies, so i dont have that problem to tackle. but still it offended me slightly. never mind though, you have a view, and you had the guts to put it up. so well done for that, at least.
ittybittytreefrog chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
This sort of confused me at first because I wasn't sure if it was sarcastic or not. Interesting poem. I hate organised religion. Don't ask why, I could go on and on. Erg.