Reviews for Constitutional Amendment XXVIII
carmice3 chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
I like the contradiction in section b. And in section c.
Maybe a little too sarcastic, but okay.
Calvin Fitzgerald chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
I know what you mean. In Massachusetts the stupid democrats running the state think they have the power to think for me. In an effort to cut down on bicycle accidents it is illegal to ride around without a helmet, as is it illegal to drive a motorcycle without a helmet. We also have laws banning smoking in public as an effort to get people to quit smoking. Americans should have the right to think for themselves.

I understand the point you are trying to make with this essay, that free speech isn't allowed in this country after 9/11. I can assure you that no 'free thinkers' are being oppressed, if you need any evidence just listen to NPR for more then five minutes at a time. In fact I think that the 'free speakers' like to pretend they're being oppressed, brings back memories of the sixties and all.

One final thought, being a free thinker doesn't automaticly mean that I am a dissenter. I am passionate about free speech and consider myself very independent when it comes to thinking, but I whole-heartidly support President Bush and his administration. Being a Patriot doesn't mean I'm not a free thinker, and I do believe you are implying that in your essay.

Calvin Fitzgerald
Icy Mike Molson chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
Interesting. But since thge first amendment already gives us this right(and in case you missed all those anti-war protests, it still hasn't been repealed), we don't really need another amendment that says the same thing...