Reviews for If There Was a God
Funeral-Friend chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
This is great, I like hearing views on god from an athiests point of view, the poem flowed very well and I agreed with every word of it. I'm more of an agnostic myself, ruling god out completely. The universe is too mysterious to have such a "human creature" as our creator.
A. R. Clark chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
Wow, it's really good. I'm a Christian, and I know that doesn't really matter, but anyways... You can't blame God for the things that the human race does to it's self. We kill, hurt, and destory other nations and people. God gave us free will, if he steped in and stopped us, we would no longer have the able to make our own decisions. It's up to us to work our shit out, not up to God. As a race, that's a distinction we must make.
Tessa chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
My take on this kind of thing...
"God" is an Fictional Image which exists in certain peoples minds.
Fiction and Fictional Images can inspire people in many ways, but they can't cause miracles.
Thanks you.
ImpyMissManson chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
OMG! I lvoe this poem! Its awesome!

Its a BILLION time better than mine! And its so so LONG!
LiquidGenesis chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
*nods* As to your review of 'God of Fear' I don't really believe in a 'god' either, or any other 'all powerful force' for the exact reasons you list in this poem. That is the reason I put the word god in those little quotes. I.E. 'God'. Because sometimes people do confuse god with just finding yourself, either way around.

And the reason I use angels so much in my poetry is because I believe in the evolution of souls and I think that Angels are souls that have evolved beyond mortal lives and simply live as the pure energy that everything is made of. Their not the 'angels' that exist in all Juda-based religions believe in, although I do believe that some of them can attach themselves to us to guide our own souls to our next evolution so that we too can evolve beyond ourselves and become better.

Yeah, sorry to put all of this in a review, just thought you might want to know. Thank you for those beautiful reviews they touched me so much to know that what I wrote effected someone like that. I hope you continue to enjoy my writing and thank you for the privilege

of being on your favorites! It means a lot to me.

Bless.
Philo chapter 1 . 8/26/2003
Well, I'm atheist, so you know I won't gut you for writing such a poem. ;-) I like the overall feel for the poem, but when the overall question is "Does God exist?" you might want to place a question of gender somewhere other than the end. Good job otherwise!
JME92 chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
good poem. Its finally time i saw someone else question a god, and his or her methods
mmoonsshiner chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
man are we on the same page or what. great poem but i couldnt answer those questions for you and i dont think they should be answered because nobody will ever really know.

~Nat The Unchanging Darkness, Keeper of Light~