Reviews for Monolith
darkstar-rising chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
i like the literal use of "petrified", and how it could be taken to mean scared. the title is fitting, although by no means standard [for me, this is a very good thing],
i hope i'm not expected to read all of these. not in one sitting anyway. If you can churn out this quantity, and this quality, then how in the name of Zeus' butthole are you not getting published?
ah, the world is a strange place. not quite as strange as the world depicted in this poem. or is it just a different strange?
sorry, i just realised, i'm still typing.
in response to the review of "Survivors and Casualties":
Pax vobiscum
[not the poem but the mantra, i think its appropriate.]
-guy.
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
A bit weird, but I liked it. It has a mystic feel about it.
enlightenedkitty chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
That's awesome! I can't write poetry worth a damn, but I sure like to read it!
the seventh seal chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
The simplicity of this made it work beautifully for my tired mind. Well, I managed to read your whole profile...yes, whole profile *that is how bored I am*, and you interested me. Sadly, I may not remember a thing because of my current worn out mental state. WEll I've loved this and others of yours. R&R some of my stuff, thanks.

"The end is near, the end is surely coming. Now, death is near. Now, death is close and hunting..."

-the seventh seal
Cyanotok chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Incomplete: Yes.

Bad: No.

Good Stuff: Yes.
CaitSpain chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
Okay. So why is it called "Monolith"?
Kowski chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
melikes this one! its kind of creepy tho...but thats the way i like them!
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
Interesting- the whole poem seems pessimistic and murky 'grey birds', 'useless flight'. It's sort of heavy if you know what I mean- the type of poem that makes your shoulders drop. 'petrified' changes the whole poem as now it's fear that's killing them not over-pessimism... as I said, interesting.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
I like it but aren't the stones droping on the birds?
Strawberry Chapstick chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
OOh.. It's pretty. Would like to see some continuation, but if not, alrighty :p . It intrigues me... Very nice.

Danka for reviewing meh.
Obliquity chapter 1 . 7/27/2003
You are the greatest... poetry writer-person... POET! That's the word. You are the greatest poet in the world. Now I shall do a dance.

(...And Tania did a dance. Hurray!)