Reviews for Pages from a Burning Notebook
Harry chapter 30 . 5/9/2004
I know what you mean Shane. Sometimes, we forget that there is more to life than the narrow, comfortable area that we live in and work in. Sometimes, we need to stretch out and go for the brass ring OUTSIDE of our ususal area. Its not always easy, but the results are worth it.
Namir Swiftpaw chapter 28 . 4/27/2004
Man, do I hate Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Each to his/her own, though. ;

Namir Swiftpaw
Harry chapter 26 . 4/7/2004
As you know Shane I am a MEGA X-Men fan! I have all the Fox episodes on Video, several of the comics and both movies on DVD. And I have to agree, that while Blade did get the comic book movies going again, NOTHING tops the X-Men. And I agree with you on Jackman: He has Logan down COLD! No one else could do him. I look forward to 2006 when X-3 comes out with the Dark Phoenix storyline.
Le Creature chapter 26 . 4/7/2004
This was a pretty interesting essay. I know you're not using traditional essay form, however, I still think that these would be better if you added a bit more of a conclusion, rather than just trailing off.
Harry chapter 24 . 3/24/2004
Shane, why didn't you TELL ME you were an Alpha Flight fan! I have most of the issues from the first series, and the first from the second! I was always a fan of them, especially when Logan was hanging around them. As for your Kitty Pryde stories, you know me. You keep writing them, and I'll review them. As for Selina Kyle, that story, especially witht the Hallie Berry movie (Which is NOT based on the comic books unfortunetly!) could be a big hit for you. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to future chapters of your work.
Amy chapter 9 . 2/22/2004
I thought Lain was pretty confusing. I like I My Me Strawberry Eggs and I thought Gatekeepers was ok. I haven't seen Gatekeepers 21 or any of the other ones you mentioned. Some animes I recommend for you to watch are GTO, Rune Soldier, Vandread, and Scrapped Princess.
GTO is about an ex gang leader name Onizuka who wants to become a great teacher. He ends up working for a school where the assistant principal hates his guts and always tries to get him fired. To make matters worse he ends up getting stuck in the room with all the bad kids who try to get him fired as well.
Rune Soldier is about a group of female treasure hunters who are looking for a mage to become the fourth member of their team. However, none of the female mages want to go adventuring and they end up getting stuck with a male mage who can barely use and rarely uses magic.
In Vandread there are two planets, one all male and the other all female, that are a war. While attacking a male ship, a group of female pirates end up getting transported far away from home with three males from the ship they attacked. They find out that both their worlds are in danger and as they make their way back home they realize they will have to work together if they are to save their planets.
Scrapped Princess is about a princess that legend says will destroy the world upon her 16th birthday. She was thought to be "scrapped" at birth, but they find out weeks before her 16th birthday that she is still alive and everyone goes out for her head. However the seemingly powerless princess' adoptive brother and sister promise they will protect their little sister at all costs. This anime might be hard to find though since it hasn't been released yet. I don't know if it will be any time soon, but you can try to find a fansub for it or download it off the net if you have a fast connection.
Amy chapter 8 . 2/22/2004
You should read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Its a good series, but I haven't read it all yet, which is probably due to the fact that there are 10 books to the series as of now and I think more are on the way.
Ice Wolf17 chapter 18 . 2/15/2004
Interesting. Cool stuff (that I've read so far). I'm going to have to come back sometime and read all of it though. In the meantime, Keep on writing!
CrazyEMOkid chapter 14 . 1/1/2004
One more thing: Have you ever considered a column on this site? I think you could come up with some helpful tips for writers of fantasy/sci-fi as well as be interesting. Think about it.
CrazyEMOkid chapter 5 . 1/1/2004
THANK YOU. Thank you so much for these essays. It's so refreshing to find an essay on this site that isn't stupid/pointless and/or on some convoluted controversial religious/political issue. Not only is this well written, but it holds my interest and at times is quite humorous. Please keep writing, and please don't spoil this series by adding your political views... Not that I'm against free speech... It would be a shame though if I have to stop reading because I can't stomach your politics. Keep writing!
Le Creature chapter 12 . 12/2/2003
...but think about it, would you rob a bank where they had so many guns, they *gave them away?*
"Sorry, sir, were you trying to rob the bank, or did you just want a bigger gun? 'cause that .22 you got just ain't gonna cut it if the first one's the case..."
eternalsailorsolarwind chapter 8 . 10/22/2003
**laughs** Well, I see we do tend to like a good amount of the same things. I too like Laurie R. King, but I like both of her series. Have you read any of her stand-alones? They are also really good.
Le Creature chapter 9 . 10/22/2003
No Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, or Miyazakis? You must be deprived, poor child...
eternalsailorsolarwind chapter 6 . 10/3/2003
You already know how much I love your stuff. Seeing where your ideas are sparked from was very interesting and intriguing. I'm always looking forward to anything you write.
RoseRed chapter 2 . 9/10/2003
Good guidelines for writing. Recommending books-always a good thing!
35 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »