Reviews for How to Write a Hit Punk Rock Song
chocoholic chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
LOL! So true, espechially "Power chords. That's all you need to know." and ALLWAYS tour.
"You can talk about drugs too if your band members do them. "I drank so much I threw up on my girlfriend and then she left me" is a good basis for a song. "
Or in the case of Carl from the libertines: 'I started a band with my friend, but then he became a herion addict, robbed my house, went to jail and now I have to sing aswell as play guitar: the asshole.'
Sorry. Just got back from the Leeds festival where I think a lot of the annoying little bands had followed your guide exactly.
vixxy chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
lol! this is so true! i love it. i can tell most of this was aimed at Good Charlotte. i love them, and i think their music is awesome (their first album is getting me thru high school, can't really relate to the second one much), but this IS funny.
Beau Porteur De Diamant chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
Ha, ha. Too fucking funny.
Funky Munky chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
Ha ha ha ha! Oh man this was great.

"Power chords. That's all you need to know. Play power chords in a strum pattern made entirely of 8th notes. You're a punk now!"

Very funny.
Iccess-america chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
Why doesn't Good Charlotte do anything local? (I'm from the Chesapeke state of MD) The touring forever part is true...is Avril punk then?
AFireInMyEyes chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
dude, you fucking win! I love this!

down with punk rock!
SailorKagome chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
This is me! I am a punk...well, I hope I am, and my fav band is Linkin Park...I hope that counts...Anyways these are so fuuny!
Loiterers-Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
I love this! It's true, every punk band that actually has fun and isn't pissed off at their dad is automatically a "pop-punk" band.
supernaturalfreak chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
I abso-fucking-lutely love you, now that I know how to be a punk Ill start right now by going to hot topic!1!1!1!1 (/lame)

ok, seriously now, this just brought some good laughs. Kudos! *gives you a cookie*
XrockinXnerdX chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
This is great. I love the part about always keepin in local. That can be so annoying when people are all like "i'm local! go me! represent, yo!" when they're wearing the same shirt as half the other people at a show... It's obvious that you don't like Good Charlotte.