Reviews for Sunflower Philosophies
the mouse that roared chapter 3 . 5/11/2004
Friendships can be really hard. It's really tough being there for people all the time when you feel like you are getting nowhere. You can't say whether it will come out for better or for worse; all you can do is try.
the mouse that roared chapter 2 . 5/11/2004
Wow. I never thought about how hard it might be to get published. I mean, I knew it would be hard, but not that hard. Your books sound really good though.
Wings of Dark chapter 3 . 5/10/2004
Wow, a quite profound effect that you've had on two people, and on yourself. To listen is the most important one can do, right after getting help. I've also had similar experiences, and I guess it's what makes me like this so much-I can quite easily identify with what you've written. You are beautiful, no matter what others say, and you never, ever need someone else's affirmation of that fact. The fact that writers have to have tough shells to survive isn't too bad of a quality to have in life. There is an ancient Japanese proverb: "You don't have to die, heaven and hell are on this earth too."
Wings of Dark chapter 2 . 5/10/2004
*grins* I'm glad you were quick enough on your toes not to get caught by a scam artist. I've had similar happen to me, random people coming up to me and saying something I've written blew them away. The greatest feeling in the world, isn't it?
Wings of Dark chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
Haha, exceedingly valid points you've made thus far! *moves to chapter 2*
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
YES! I hat it when people do that as well. Well done. Thanks for mentioning this. Many writers really do need to read it.
the mouse that roared chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
Yay! Nice ranting... I'll make sure I didn't put myself down at all... don't want to get you started :)
False modesty does get kind of annoying. It's like, well I'm tired of arguing with you all the time that you're not stupid, fat, etc. You really should boost your confidence and happiness somehow else. Anyway... (Sorry. I've been dealing with an anorexic and otherwise troubled friend recently. I just was reminded of that by your article... You are free to pay little attention to these rantings...)
Right. Your article. I'm glad you wrote it, it can help people show their confidence better. Good job :)
doesnotexist chapter 3 . 1/25/2004
Wow - that was so I-don't-know-how-to-say-really-really-good. I can definitely identify with you, and I know there are plenty of others who can as well. I'm so glad you got through the rough stuff. Wish I could too. I know some people who need to read this...
Happy-Platipus chapter 3 . 1/18/2004
I love you, D!
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
Oh yes, I've these people alot here in . I somehow do empathize them and yet I couldn't agree more with what ya say.
JupGrrl chapter 3 . 1/13/2004
The way you express what went on in your life is just... brilliant. I don't even know what to say.
BallerinaBoots chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
I have just a few points to make considering this is under the, "Essay," category. It is not anything bad, just something that could improve your writing. When one is writing an essay, to make it sound more mature, one does not use contractions for it sounds a lot better and professional. Also, it is best not to use, "I, Me, My," because the audience knows that it is your opinion. Also, do not use, "You, Your, etc.," because then the reader feels as if it is directed at them even if whatever the point is, does not include them.
Besides that, I loved the point you made. To get anywhere, one must first believe in themselves. (Insert clapping here)
Laura (HM)
cosmo-queen chapter 3 . 12/23/2003
"I am the only person who will be there for me always. I’m the only person who really understands me, and though that may seem lonely, if I appreciate myself, I don’t need anyone else to appreciate me."
-I absolutely loved that, and I definitely agree. What wonderful advice. It really summed up your essay well. Best of luck with your friends, and please continue :)
*cosmo-queen*
MagenDavid chapter 3 . 12/19/2003
I added you to my favorites.
Hey don't look at the screen like that!
You asked to know and I'm telling you:
I-A-D-D-E-D-Y-O-U-T-O-M-Y-F-A-V-O-R-T-E-S!
Ha!
serasivad chapter 2 . 10/17/2003
It's not that your punctuation is bad. The multiple question marks just distracts from what your saying.

I wanna read your story! Sounds interesting, especially to me, the person who couldn't write decent fiction if her life depended upon it.

Your tale of agents is rather amusing, if Madonna can get published than *you* sure as hell should be.