Reviews for But
Snowed-Under chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
I totally feel like that sometimes! Good poem, I especially like the last two lines. :D
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Greetings! Been a while since I've read anything of yours. Bad, bad terrestrial!
I liked this, sort of get a mental picture of two people sitting next to a candle in the dark, where you can tell who they are but they look totally different than they do in the daylight, kind of interesting and dangerous.
Question: Do you think there ARE people out there who are taken for what they truly are? I'd like to meet one.
Well, there's today's proof that I actually do live (or, at the very least, am undead and therefore capable of typing).
Impressionist chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
nevernevernever offer to explain your poem at the end. it makes it seem like you're apoligizing for being abstract, which you should never do. apologize I mean. your poetry is your own. leave it to people's interpretation. it's better that way. :)
skippingreelsofrhyme chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
i love the lines "everyone sees/but nobody knows."

I've felt like this for a long time. It's the feeling that no-one understands. Definately something i can relate too.
Whiro chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
Aye its been awhile huh MJ? I like this one, I understand what you are talking about. Good stuff. I give it a 7!

Whiro
grey spirit chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
I think it makes sense, somewhat. My favorite part would have to be the last three lines of the first stanza; it gives off this cool image. It's good to be around fictionpress again and see some people's writing, and I'm glad to get back to yours. I hope you're doing well MJ! )

Grey spirit
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
Yay! New post! Jeepers! 'Bout time, too! .

I would definitley qualify this as a "post worthy" poem. This is really great, I understand exactly what it is saying. Sometimes I just wish people would look a little closer.

The flow works well and (although it doesn't rhyme, lol) it all fits nicely.

Fav. Line(s):

when the lights are turned low

and all you can see

is what's inside...

I thought that was kinda cool .

I'm glad to see you posting something new! Keep it up!

Arrivederci!

-Terra Tigra-
Rini chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
I really feel this way now, so this did make sense to me. A great poem, keep on writing, and we'll keep on reading _

R
Kesshi Mashin chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
I almost didn't believe my eyes when I checked my e-mail today. Author Alert? Mistress Jakira? Get outta here...

But here it is! Something new for us to read! Yay! _

Don't worry so much; unless the person's really outta it, they'll understand what you're tryin to say. Another nice one, MJ! But, do try and leave us another in the near future, k? Wouldn't wanna keep us waitin another few months, neh? _ Keep on writin!
dandelionia chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
Nice, I feel that way too, and I'm sure other people besides us feel like that. I love you wrote this poem, though, the lines were really heart-breaking. Good work!