Reviews for The Knife
Anna Christie chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Hey, I'm feeling this. Been there done that, but it really wasn't worth it. I think this could be a bit deeper but it does capture the emotions in a lighter way then some really angsty poetry, so a good job on that. :)
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
konnichi wa

I didn't really like this one, actually. It seemed a bit to explicit for me - both versions. "Thinking of the fight my friend and I just had" was just a bit... well, un-poetic, I guess. The second version, I think the word "knife" was overused. I know that was the point, but to me it just didn't flow.

Actually, after reading the first version, I think this would be best written as a story rather than a poem. As I read, I could very clearly see the flashing from the your thoughts to the knife, to thoughts, to slowly walking towards that knife on the kitchen counter, to thoughts, to picking up the knife and cradling it in your hands, to thoughts, etc. You get my point. I think it would work better that way instead of a poem. Just my two cents.

Ha det

Adanael chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
you know, I never understood why someone would hurt themselves like that, and I don't have the courage to ask my friend who did(I say did, because I want to believe she has stopped)
evellesque chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Another one I really like, partially because I used to cut myself at one point, so I can totally relate to this. Wonderful (yet simple) imagery.
xxInsanityxx chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
I think this is really good, but it kinda made me throw up a little bit. keep up the good work!

Luna Turner chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Oh, wow. I can really sense how emotional this poem is... what ever could've driven you to do such a thing is inexcusable. Overall, very powerful piece.

~Luna Turner
Satan-R-us chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
nothing to say
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
This is deep. I like the way you reflect on every little detail about your life as you neared the knife. Good job.
bloodybrokensoul chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
thats a great poem...i love it...u have a lot of talent...its awsome that u stopped doing that...but i cant seem to stop...i wish i could,but the knife always seems to find my wrist again...r&r me pleaz...(if u want to)...Love, Spanky
AlboChick chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
You expressed the feeling of dispair and depression perfectly with the knife. I always wondered why people wanted to hurt themselves. I guess its an escape from reality for a while and takes away all of the other pain. The last line scared me. I hope you don't turn back to it.
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
... wow... desperation, an intense emotion~ good work

keep writing!
happiness rainbow chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
Wow, that was powerful. Really good, I liked it.
Oringinal Lolly chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
i like it! its very exspressive i can really relate!

keep up the good work!

~Original Lolly~
Sacred-Phoenix-Nephthys chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
This was good...i like how you incorporated memories into a real-time story sequence...gave it a good flow_
Indigo-Andie chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
yeah what an endless nasty cycle isn't it, because it's such a short freakin fix. i like your formatting.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »