Reviews for Those Many Arrows
PinkLamb chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
I enjoyed this poem. Not because I'm a witch, I do believe in God and Jesus Christ. I see a message in there, which I don;t think is trying to force people to believe in something or not. I think the message to the reader is: if you find something you truly believe in, follow it through. That's why I enjoyed it. And personally, I think "Agent" is just a little brainwashed by some other type of "cult" that he calls Christianity. Ease up on it,ok agent? The whole purpose of this site is to be able to express opinions freely, without being badgered!
PinkyCD
Melusine07 chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
I appreciate the point you're trying to get across, but it sems to me you've forgotten the rest of the world's religions.
Leigh Nithra chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
great poem great message i can really understand as myself am a witch

*steph*
sangsation chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
Good poem.

The choice you make should be your own not someone elses.

From some guy's review:

'Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. None comes to the father except through me"'

Jesus didn't say that.

My mom did!
some guy1 chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
hopefully christianity.

I agree with Agent call me

Christians aren't narrow minded, they simply know the truth that Christ is the only way to heaven and to not burn forever in Hell when you die.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. Noone comes to the Father except through me" John 14:6
E. Goldstein chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
It is curious that more people have not found that both arrows will inevitably lead to death. I weep for the partially blind, and would immerse them in darkness, given the chance. Then, they will not fool themselves into believing their eyes do not lie. Now they will always lie.
Runwithscythes chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
nice poem.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Agent: Out of curiosity, are you actually foolish enough to believe that the only lure to the Pagan outlook is power? If someone wanted power then they could drop the whole pretense of a religion and go for pure sorcery. It's easy enough to find information on technique or alter Pagan technique to work with it and it doesn't bother with the concept of various Powers that may or may not find you offensive and take action accordingly. The various Pagans must be seeing something else of interest in their lifestyle because trust me they aren't pure sorcerers. In fact, from what I've seen, pure sorcerers are a distinct minority in the occult community. Most occultists do tend to have a great deal of faith in either a higher power or many higher powers. Heck, most of their faiths generally include love, grace and maybe even mercy as central tenets. Not to mention, at the very least an attempt at acceptance of diversity.

When we toss in the fact that Biblical explanations for the nature of the universe are just as an unprovable as the Pagan explanations and the scientific stance has a few problems of it's own, I'd say that we're all about even on ludicrous explanations. Why waste time arguing it? Soon enough we'll be dead and then we can ask.
Satan's Little Helper chapter 1 . 8/5/2003
Good poem, and good thoughts, too. The last 5 lines are the best part. And don't worry about Agent Call me. He gave me a snooty one too. If you haven't noticed, his logic isn't all that he thinks it is. What an idiot. I love people like that. Awesome poem. Keep Writing!
Nightman chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Well of course "Agent, Call me" You don't seem to realize that all other paths offer Grace and all that from a loving creator. And you probally never will. To the author of this poem though, this is very well written and I thank you for putting it up here and hope you ignore comments from the peanut gallery.
Alyx Bradford chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Agent, you utter prat. Who said my Creators don't offer the same grace and mercy and love as yours? Quite the contrary - yours is only going to offer me salvation if I accept him as my lord. Mine are give their blessings regardless of the beliefs of the reciever - all they ask is a good soul. Oh, and our explanations for things are no more "ludicrous" than yours.

All the same, thanks for proving Aphonic's point.
tofujunky chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Nicely written. I enjoyed it, thank you.

"some Christian are closed off to any other viewpoint" - reading Agent's review, that seems to be very true.

I don't think Agent could ever be happy until everyone in this world becomes Christian. So lets keep him/her in misery.
careless whisper chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Agent, in the name of all things you hold sacred, take you snide, unecessary, supremist comments elsewhere. That faith that is not questioned is not worth having.

Aphonic, I enjoyed your poem very much, though I did object to the underlying religious message, but that is just an opinion. I especially like the child's fairytale and the idea of sticking to your path. It was well-written and well-posed. Cheers.
De Miles Justus chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Let's see...

One offers power via the use of occultic practices, while offering ludicrous explanations as to the nature of the universe and what's beyond death...

Whereas the other offers somethng that not other faith offers: Grace and mercy from a loving Creator.

I don't see why this has to be a question for people to rack their brains so much over.
blessed-goddess chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
That was so damn good! So true, I can relate so much here. Im still at the crossroads...I'm not sure about what decision 2 make...