Reviews for For Fear Of Another Race
swtdreamz101 chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
this makes me think, such good imagry, full of emotion, nice poem
Trinity4 chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
Wow, this is nicely written and poignant. I think you have a good point here.
Scripture chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
Oh my god. I loved it. This is great. It breaks my heart to know that people could've done such cruel thigns; take another human being as a slave just because of the color of their skin. I loved it. The two lines got me...
Great job.
Melissa Lea Night chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
wow, this one's real nice too. very powerful, full of imagery. i like
Renae Maia chapter 1 . 10/3/2003 took such a controversial issue and your opinion on it and made a clever, rhythmic and symbolic poem. My fave lines are when you compare the actual slave drivers to animals (even though they treat the slaves like animals), the cotton field's "tenderness", and the use of the questions in the beginning which accuses the slave holders from the beginning. Great work! :) Thanks for the review!
Kosher chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
I think your poem was something at least. Obviously, no one is ever going to understand why it happened, for as long as it did or anything, but it's a token to know that people realise how deeply it affected people, and is still affecting them. I hope that Americans also realise that slavery is a reason so many people dislike America, but, if you're an American, I hope other writers like yourself will speak up and against it, once and for all. Saying sorry won't change a thing, but at least people will feel better. I'd also like to ask UnknownWanderer if he/she thinks that just because only a small part of the Continent were sold and enslaved whether he/she thinks that makes it right? I certainly hope not.
Seras Nova chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
I wish slavery never was. It was such a terrible thing they went through...and a disgrace to everyone that think it was right. Love it.

alil2sarcastic chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
Whoa. Thats deep. It truly is. And my both my great grandparents were slaves.
M.D. Cantine chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
Good question. Interesting. Good. I like the line about the cotton fields

being the only place where tenderness touches their face.
swirlygirl chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
great poem it almost brought a tear to my eye. you are an awesome writer keep it up.
Grendel chapter 1 . 8/26/2003
very good stuff. keep on
recalcitrant chapter 1 . 8/8/2003
i felt that u had a really well written poem here so i m reviewing to tell u that. i think u have the all the makings of a really good writer. please rr my stuff if u want. i suggest "be where i wanna be", "hurt" and "this one is called f* you." keep up the good writing because i would love to read more.

missmassu chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
hey this is good stuff!

I like! I like very mcuh.

Allow me to introduce myself,

my name is Nikki!

I am half korean and half american.

I am 21, nice to meet you.

I love to write songs.

I hope to be a song-writer or a singer someday, but I'm really good at piano to!

I love your writing and eveything about it.

Please feel free to read one of my stories, The Road Home or Miracles Happen and one of my songs.

I will be happy enough to keep up with your fictions.

I gladly enjoyed talking to you.

I really enjoyed express my myself.

I'm happy I told you about me

and I 'm really glad I got to read one of your fictions.

Hope to talk to you soon.

I want you to be my friend.

And if you do, please email me.

Please and visit my sites!

On my biolog page[junjin-lover]

and sign the guestbook.

Bye! and thanks!

I hope to hear from you soon.

Lidless Eye chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Very neat. Not many people write about this subject, so it's nice to see a change.

P.S.: On your review of "Blindfolded"... the poem was written in Tanka form. It's a type of Haiku that goes 5-7-5-7-7. Sometimes it can be a lot easier to write with if you've got more to say on the subject you write about. I tend to like it better. )
UnknownWanderer chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Interesting poem, it flow fairly well, and the rhyme scheme works.

I would like to contend with you on why you think we enslaved Africans. It's pretty basic, we considered them inferior beings, and for economic reasons, it was just so much easier to buy for one low price a horde of people and then have them to work forever.

In case you didn't know, it wasn't like we enslaved the whole continent of Africa. It actually only happened along a small strip on the western coast. It was also mostly tribal leaders selling off there own people or war prisoners for money and manufactured goods... So, well, it was't fear :)