Reviews for The Quest for the Purple Unicorn
ThePigeonBrain chapter 1 . 2/13
You know what really scared me away from this fic? The fact that you have a typo in your summary. It's an adage I heard once; If a summary isn't good, then the story probably isn't either. You should pay attention to your summary. It's the first thing a reader is going to come upon you know?
Guest chapter 59 . 11/18/2012
if you need a chapter 59 you're a cunt.
Narq chapter 15 . 10/6/2009
hehe, ""Valerius, my love, I die!" ( At least, that's what the only conscious witness claimed.)" I wish I could write like that.

"So, after a few interesting attempts like a basket full of lost unmatched socks, a startled dog with the disc in its mouth, a strange looking bed with ultra-violet lights, and a gerbil cage with gerbil included, he finally came up with a nice size cart, that was just large enough to carry eleven and a driver" aW.. that was a lot of tries, but he did it in the end.

NicE! very very nice chapter indeed.

Narq chapter 14 . 10/6/2009
"Although his voice was quite loud and dominating, no one paid him any attention. He moaned in misery. This was truly a most disgraceful situation for a dragon of his stature to be in." Aw.. poor you.

" He was unsure of how he ended up in his underwear only, but when he retrieved his clothes, everything seemed to be in tact, plus several things he didn't remember acquiring along the way. Two thirds was rather worth while, but the other third, he knew he wouldn't steal" - LOL HILARious!

" Your voice is like a cry of a banshee in heat" XD hahaha and so is "but it did calm the massive headache somewhat in favor of the massive foot ache" LOL you actually had me rolling on the floor there!

"if you're dwarf enough to drink, then you need to be dwarf enough to take the antidote." hehe, I think we have our own saying aye ;)

Hehe, entertaining chapter.

I think I've got time to go on to the next chapter.

Narq chapter 13 . 10/6/2009
I've got more time tonight. Let's see if I can go through more than a chapter.

"Fafnir became quite generous with is clothing, and soon was sitting there in his underwear. Tallon and Bloodstone had to hold Chance down from his excitement. Soon, the dragon man was soon quite unconscious in the tall grass of the plains, and the companions had what they wanted." - LOL! What a sight! and I do wonder what it is the companions want.

Aw. Cute Silverleaf, those bad people want to steal your stuff... don't worry, yo've got a spell on you, that's good.

Oh a cOW someone IS PLEASED

Next chappy

Narq chapter 12 . 10/1/2009
Hey, guess who's back? :)

"The Great demon Fluffball will not be pleased at all when he hears about the destruction of his precious Fluffies." A sharp wicked smile crossed his face. - lol! I laughed at this, I can just imagine Skratch grinning.

Banjo, Banjo, I won't be surprised if you get a sore stomach soon... be careful what you stick in your trap kiddo.

haha, "not bull enough for her" I sense a pun there!

LOL! Beef does not taste like chicken

Silverleaf won for the most delicate and musical belch - ha trust there to be a "most delicate and musical belch"! that's good thinking there alteng! And OH, poor Silverleaf fainted? pity that he's with such a rough company...hehe

OH I found a mistake or, not really a mistake, you just missed out one a full stop at the end of this chapter. You ARE human after all. Good.

Narq chapter 11 . 9/14/2009
Hey, here I am again. Slowly but surely I'll finish this story.

Hm, first up, that big paragraph could have actually been split into several smaller ones I think, it'll make reading easier.

The 'melon' Chance was dreaming about did make me a bit suspicious...

I liked the way you introduced Skratch. That was very very good. And haha, Skratch is very very humourous indeed and he does like to stay on one subject a bit too long :)

"O! I'm really scared. Hear my scales rattling!" - I loved the dialouge with the Dragon and Chance, that was great!

He wagged his tail in thought. - makes me think of my puppy! (cute!) but he's not really a puppy!

What? "Goose her" What's that supposed to mean? But that been said, the dragon's response to it kind of makes me suspect what it means ;)

Overall, great chapter!

Narq chapter 10 . 8/28/2009
Hey, I am back. Sorry I haven't reviewed for such a long while.

I laughed at your constant use of 'fuzzy' and 'fuzzily'. It made Tallon feel cute - and I'm sure he would not appreicate it!

I laughed when I read "tiny reindeer lead by a major sized stag and pulling quite a heavy sleigh with a giant of an elf in it" It was good exaggeration and it really painted the picture in my head.

All is really good here. I enjoyed having a good laugh before sleeping.

"Well, he found these small little chocolate bars with strange magical writing on them in a little blue and white box. He knew they had to be the 'coolest' of spells. Of course, he made hot cocoa out of them, and offered us all some. It was so sweet of him that we had to graciously decline." - why do i have this suspicouns that the chocolate isn't cadbury's chocolate :P

Great work! Hope I'll be able to read more soon!

Narq
Narq chapter 9 . 7/21/2009
Poor Banjo how could they do that to him? But oh well... I guess he deserved it (a bit) and I bet the other guys had fun 'torturing' him.

I liked the scene where you introduced Kel, it was very well written and I found myself reading back (which isn't a bad thing).

Oh this was quite a violent end! I wonder what happens next!

narq.
Narq chapter 8 . 7/21/2009
I laughed when I read this chapter. It was really funny seeing the dragon, Skratch, counting and doing stuff and "when a dragon wants his privacy" really triggered me off how could a dragon want privacy? Well... I suppose he might... :S

Yeah, you did this chapter really well and the dragon did be "a dragon" it was a person. (I hope you get what I mean)

Great job!

Narq chapter 7 . 6/18/2009
I liked this little background story with Nikodemus. It was really interesting and I found myself rereading it.

Kelly's a cat - hm... that does ring a bell... (kinda like a tongue-twister don't you think?)

Anyways, this is really fun to read and I would read more only that it's too late.

Narq chapter 6 . 6/18/2009
Hey, I'm back. I loved this starting of chapter. It was kind of clumsy - but it portrayed the dwarf wonderfully. I LOVE the CAT! She is so cute! but i didn't quite get "Barmaiding has improved your vocabulary, girl!" because the next second the cat was able to talk and she kinda didn't have her feisty feel in her dialgue which got me pretty disappointed.

OH "We're off to see the wizard!" ! I wonder what happens!

Narq chapter 5 . 6/15/2009
I really love your characters Jeriah and Tallon. But I do think you should mix your dialogue with description as it gets hard to read (ie the first part of this chapter). The other part of the chapter was a pleasure to read as your characters spoke and they came alive - yet again.

Don't worry, I'll be back.
Narq chapter 4 . 6/15/2009
I loved the way you separated "They lead him along, but intentionally not very well. They allowed (even encouraged) him to run into buildings, sign posts, and other interesting obstacles. He nearly fell down a well once, but fate had decreed that the adventurers would not lose him so easily." This line from the others. It drew a lot of attention to it and I really laughed and saw what had happened in my mind.

Me Roars with laughter "Bloodstone made a rude gesture./"Your mama!" returned Tallon." haha this is just so absurdly wonderful!
Narq chapter 3 . 6/15/2009

Oh, and it's good that you are presistent in the diologue of the character Banjo. It helps me identify the character!
139 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »