Reviews for Barefoot Fields
Mistress Jakira chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Here it looks to me like barefoot fields symbolize innocence and being like a child. I can see this especially in the fourth verse (which I'll spoil for anyone reading the review before the poem! Bad bad *slaps wrist*):
Barefoot fields float through my dreams
Leaves on icy gusts of fear
Settling over warming meadows
Burning up on limbs of lust
This passage seems to talk about the loss of innocence and transit into adulthood from childhood or a childlike state. Children don't have fear, it has to be taught them; in a way it is sort of like an icy gust. It settles on the warming meadows as it grows into its new stage, and in the coming of adult needs and wants such as lust, the fields are 'burned up'-all the remnants of childhood are lost.
That's just my interpretation. _ I'm finding more and more in your poems...you've gotten so much better at poetry over the years and it's really, REALLY showing now! I love this. ~MJ
DIEDELETED chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
Barefood fields are eniticing, this poem is great, please keep on writing _
gloriously mad chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
Well written, and lovely imagery. The only suggestion I would make is to possibly replace "hypnotizing" in the second stanza with a less Latinate word of similar meaning - the word you use sticks out uncomfortably in the fantastic, dreamy scene you've created.
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
A meaningful poem. It had a good rhythm and flowed well, even if it didn't rhyme. I really liked how the barefoot fields of your dreams eventually faded. Keep writing :)
*cosmo-queen*
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
Beautiful. Simply beautiful. It felt like a lost dream.
Bitten Caliban chapter 1 . 11/10/2003
I cannot really explain the feeling it triggers in me.. it's just feels so good! Free verse works flawlessly, too.

It is an amazing poem. (puts in in favourites)

I'm watching your work. Waiting for more.

Good luck :)
Whiro chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
Wow it has been awhile since we have both updated huh? Same day in fact. Fighting the block too? Anywho, I just posted a new one! It is kinda lyrical, I dunno what to think and I would really like some input. I liked this poem too btw, it reminded me of running barefoot thru my yard when I was little, it was kinda sad too, and I just.. I dunno. I liked it!

~Whiro~
Cari Iniel chapter 1 . 9/3/2003
So beautiful! I like how each stanza begins the same, but offers a different view. The dreamy, surreal imagery is a plus too.

Reminds me of my childhood, and late summer/early autumn.
BC1337 chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
Very nice. I like freeverse, and you did it well.

Keep writing!
SinNombre26 chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
very cool, you do freeverse well. keep writing!

Estel
DragonsEclipse chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
I like the image this presented. Good descriptions all around, and nice wording. Keep up it! _
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
That was lovely...I always love fantasies-realted poems!
Blurreth chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
I think it's great. I love how the poem is written, with the first stanza of each verse similiar. I love it. It's great work.
the seventh seal chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
Wow, I could practically see myself in this poem. The descriptions were great, and i liked it. Keep em comin. Review some of mine, thanks.