Reviews for Tossed Colors an apologia
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Ah...why are you supposed to feel guilty for having different tastes than other people...in ART, for goodness' sake? It's not as if you 'don't get' some major scientific law, and refuse to study and/or refute it.
I, personally, like some modern art, because I'm a weirdo who assigns deep, signifigant emotions to different shades and shapes, but I still think people go too deep when analyzing it.
*looks at the textured indigo canvas with multitudes of black spheres falling from top right corner.*
Me: Ah. Depression. Love the subtle contrast of the colours.
Artperson: I take this piece as a commentary on the social stratification of peoples is the subconscious of those in the healthcare community.
*shakes head* In other words, I get your point.
Star of the Morning chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
heh. art is... relative. so, peopl can get it, but it most likely won't be the intended understanding, and in most cases, really isn't worth the effort. I don't need to understand the message of a man who mixes his own blood with his paint and then dumps it ona canvas. I can know he needs antideppressants. or something. bleah.
ittybittytreefrog chapter 1 . 9/10/2003
Aye! Don't get me started about "modern art." You know, half of those people who want you to feel "guilty" don't even understand what they're looking at. They just want to feel special. Don't listen to anyone who claims you should attune your interests. When it comes to art you have to trust your instincts. There's nothing wrong with art expressing emotion instead of events, but honestly, can you really train yourself to find meaning in a big yellow triangle? /End Rant/

Nice poem though.
godawful teen-angst poetry chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
try taking psychology. the two classes seem alarmingly alike...
superfufu chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
hehe, sometimes i'm like you lol...ya find your real interest then _ keep it up up up