Reviews for You're My Guy
MountainStream chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
This is really good, it isnt a typical storyline and the writing is great. Keep it up
zhi chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
that was brilliant. beautiful in so many ways. i bet this piece was mostly stream-of-consciousness, it just flowed out of you and then it was there, done, because you've lived every minute of it. and i think thats what makes it so great, the years and years of frustration and anger and confusion that are shown here- i could feel your pain as i was reading it. i dont even know you, i've only read one other of your stories so far, and yet i have this great respect for you now. its really inspiring how brave you are and how well you can express yourself. few things in life are definite or certain & i guess thats what makes life exciting but i can promise ya two things: 1) if you make it through shit like this, you will come out as the strongest individual, man or woman, this world has ever seen, and 2)if you keep writing and staying true to yourself like you are now, its gonna take you to some amazing places...
sry to go all inspirational speaker/therapist on ya, bottom line is: you write good. heh. ;o)
gender unspecified chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
This was so...beautiful and strong, yet so amazingly accurate. (Can you tell by my username that I've been in this kind of situation before?) It's a little reversed for me, although I have to say, you really pinned down a lot of feelings I've had, especially in the past. How many times have I heard the phrase 'I just don't GET it!'? I know I'm just lucky to have found some very loving friends that DO "get me." I'm sort of trying to write an autobiography on all that right now actually, so if you're interested I'd love to hear what you think. Thank you so much for writing this.
-Usha
Kiaring chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
After reading some of your stories, this on lingers in my mind. I like it, though I can't quite put my finger on why, though. It's a weird feeling. Everyone should feel like this at least once. Good work.
Kiaring
avidelecteur chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
Wow. I can't even imagine...
I am Gone chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
This is very well written.
Riv chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
V. well written. Excellent approach to the sensitive issue, if only people mcould be less prejudice huh?

It was great. :)
kep chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
Wow, you're writing is so flawless and emotive without being over the top that I just don't seem to be able to stop reading it. That was quite an amzing story, the depth that your characters have is wonderful. The way you take a concept and expand it around the characterisations is great. I'd like to make a constructive criticism, but I can't find anything to criticise. Excellent.
The Omniscient Bookseller chapter 1 . 8/14/2003
Incredible.
Little Miss Scareall chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
It seems to always come back to identity, because that's all anyone wants in this world. To be who they think they are... or be who they think they should be. Some parts of this clash. But I thnk that was what you meant it to be. You like shocking people, but at the same time arent you just trying to be yourself, and if that scares people then its their problem? Maybe. As always, very personal. I feel as though ive been givena look into your life, and I thank you for that.
AriadneEthereal chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
You went and made me cry... again. Still, this is so beautiful, I forgive you.
Fei chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
Wow... I've never read or thought about something like this. Your characters are truly beautiful... incredibly so... in their personalities - in who they are. I liked the way you dealt with the issues... Very nicely done.
Demeter Rose chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
This is a really good short story. I like how quickly your main character becomes three-dimensional.
28 | « Prev Page 1 2