Reviews for Halloween Haikus
Izabelle chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
this is stupid
addie pray chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
I liked this. Seperate, they would make ok haikus, but pulled together, they're awesome. I loved the personification of the Jack-o-lantern, well done.
Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
Oh, these haikus would make Stephen King proud. I absolutely love things that have an eerie atmosphere or something that Stephen King-esque though I'm not allowed to read him anymore :) You have well chosen words that evoke strong imagery. You're quite the talent. Keep up the good work. Hasta luego.
chibichocobo
Ed Girl chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
These are great!
What was the inspiration?
I love halloween its the best holiday, btw i heard you say its been awhile since you've written them, u havent lost your touch one bit!
Celestial Sailor chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
Too early for Halloween? No such thing.. it's always here, always shall be. If that made any sense at all.. hehe. Thank you for reviewing Rose's Tears!
-Celestial Sailor
Lina Inverse chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
I especially liked the first one. But they were all very good. So often, Halloween is just about fun and candy- nothing scary. But you really made it seem scary again.
Voodoo Fyrefly chapter 1 . 11/12/2003
"Golden moon rises

Over a mass of bodies

Sinking in warm blood"

never been too good with haikus, me, but what I can say is this was a nice little collection. I'm especially fond of the above one...nice, creepy and atmospheric
Sun Chime chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Hm...Nice. I liked all of them. But for the contest, I think, you should send in the first one(Golden moon rises...) 'cause, that's morbid. But the third one is closer to the theme of halloween. Just like kids dress up to trick-or-treat, The lantern seems to think getting a nasty smirk on its face looks rather, well, smashing! *shrugs*. Wait, now lemme choose...hmm... okay, send in the third one. *grins* Yay, I can't wait for Halloween, heh heh, after the festival of lights it's just appropriate I celebrate the festival of the dark. Samhein rules!
Isay chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Oh, I must say I love the third haiku the most... Jack-o-lanterns always have those annoyingly eerie smiles plastered on their faces... Nice...

The first one's really creepy too... I shudder at the thought of warm BLOOD...

~Isay
Wrong Name Tag chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
Okay, well, I looked at the site and I'm a little late with giving my input in, but that's alright. They've all really good/cool, but the first just sounds so... cool. The second was good but it didn't grab my attention so much, and I like the idea with the third but I think I've heard something like that before. But I like them all. Maybe you'll write more haiku about anything and post them up here. They'd be fun to read.

Kudos and daisies.

-Jess
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
seriously. THIS is GOOD!
Kowski chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
whoot!

go haikus!

i like the last one best. very descriptive and very awesome!
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
I liked them. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything dark, so you should expect this from you.

Of the three, I liked the first one more. It painted a very vivid gory picture. The second one was creepy as well, a bit morbid too, but it didn't affect me as much as the first one. As for the third, although it's well written, I think it lacks the originality of the other two.

And again, I have no idea about haikus, just horror. I hope you go well with the competition.
InkedinSin chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
i like the first one, for it paints the picture in one's mind while the other two kind of lack that ability. Wish ya luck in winning this contest!
not sure yet chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
o, i like the first one the best, but the other two also gave me the chills so i really like them all, very interesting well written, nicely done