Reviews for Action Movies: A Commentary
Terror-and-Love chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Looking forward to seeing what you have to say on the matter.

I do think people judge different genres by the same strange ratings as other movies. It does seem to be a fallicy.
OldJoe chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Thank you for considering Equilibrium, it's so damned under-aprecciated. Top Gun kicks ass, fast and furious blows. Orig. Matrix good, sequels bad. Orig. Star wars good, prequels will never live up to it. Can't wait to see what you think!
Mbwun chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
I'm looking forward to this one... though I really hope you blast the Star Wars prequels as they deserve (and this said by a major fan of the old-school trilogy). Perhaps you might comment on "Highlander," and the three Terminator movies.

He Who Walks On All Fours
Jack Cole chapter 1 . 8/21/2003
Yay! I like it! (Especially since I can't find a review of Equilibrium ANYWHERE.)

Jack Cole
Ropponmatsu III chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
I think you bring up a very good point, and that you seem to be the type of person who actually cares about a story. I agree with you, you need to look at the characters, plots, and nice grammar and technical details. What I personally think upon is that not all characters should speak the same way. Not every character will say "I'm going to go to the store!" and if you really want to relate a character to their somewhat lazy personality, they should say "I'm gonna go to the store," you know? I agree fully with you, and I think you'd make an excellent critique-ish thingy... yeah _
Bakedo no Hikage chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
Hey. This sounds pretty interesting. I agree with what determines a good movie, but not so much as what makes a good story. I watched Equilibrium like you suggested, and IT ROCKS! It is up there near the Matrix, but isn't quite the top. It beats reloaded though. (Which wasn't as good as the first one!)

Fast and Furious sucked like nothing I've ever seen before though. I'm not a big fan of street racing and stuff like that. (No offense) I like it, but it just doesn't intrigue me...

-Bakedo.

PS- Please continue reading Escape! It's dwindling down to an end with the revealing of the Harbinger and a big time 15k word long fight!