Reviews for Smiling
A Face Worth Remembering chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
Oh. My. God. My friend is exactly like that. When his girlfriend started liking someone else, and didnt tell him, he found out, but only I knew that he knew. Its a horrible feeling. When I read this, my literal reaction was a shiver up my spine, and just repeating "oh. my. God." over and over, because you put exactly what I feel into words I wouldnt have found otherwise.
swirlygirl chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
wow i like this one too ...you are a great writer...keep it up!
Punky Monkey chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
This is really good. I like it alot. Good job :)
ApolloGod chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
aww...luv ya.
Mime chapter 1 . 8/21/2003
I hav ea friend like that, and I guess that sometimes I'm like that too. I suppose human nature just makes us do some things. Great poem!
laughing dryad chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
i liked it until i got to the very last stanza. i didnt get it. because isnt the point that now, when he is still smiling, you're the only one who knows the truth? and when he gets tired then everyone will know. or am i missing something? lemme know.
Indigo-Andie chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
i really like this poem, i have a friend too who always pretends to be happy- she's terribly sad and lonely though, and its not only me who can see through her disguise. i used to hide behind a mask of happiness but this past year i realized that in the end you really only hurt yourself when hiding, and the truth will come out eventually and when it does well...watch out! give your friend some advice and tell' em to open up a little.
Jade Crescent chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
Good poem, I really like it. It's also definately something I can relate too. It's also kind of cool since I've talked to the person you've wrote this about. _ But anyway, I liked it, . I'm not good with the whole reviewing thing so bare with me if this sounds kinda dumb. P
The intellect chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
good, i hpe this 'friend' knows wot u think... i wish someone knew and cared 4 me.

thrid stanza is powerful, nice rounded off ending

intellect
Unchained Soul chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
I have a friend EXACTLY like this, good poem!
lovely-death chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
This poem really makes me think. (Which is the hardest thing to do in this world) I can really relate to it. (Me being the person pretending to be happy) I LOVE it. Keep it up!