Reviews for An Accepting Society
Delete Name chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Yeah, I know how you feel here too. People say all day long "we accept ALL people", but then if you're Christian, wham! you're suddenly an intolerant and arrogant biatch who hates anyone who's different.
If you're a Jew. WHAM! You're some stuck-up media-milker who made up the Holocaust for your own personal gain.
If you're pro-life. WHAM! You're suddenly a sexist, controlling intolerant person who can't stand people making choices.
I mean, why can't people just REALLY be open-minded?
10/10
Gunnink chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
So true it scares me, but someone has to tell the truth, and it's not the media. Great portrayal of superficiality.
AmethystPisces chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
"We heed the First Amendment
But respond to difference with resentment"
"Muslim, Pagan, Christian or Jew
So on, and so forth, someone dislikes you"
Genius, pure genus. I love that you are not afraid to speak your mind. You are a true inspiration to non-conformity.
SolemnGrey chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
this...is..tru...O_O i never thought about the world lyk that...it makes sense {whoa nothing ever makes sense to me...O_o} i lyk this one better than the revision...{yea im weird} nice job.
SolemnGrey
simpleplan13 chapter 2 . 4/29/2004
I love it.. tis so true unfortunately.. amazing job.. koodles to your rhyming too
Nestalgica chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
Wow. Just wow... I saw something about conformism, and got instantly interested. A very well-written poem, and i praise you for it! *kudos!*
Max W.
Dannen chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Wow, i totally understand what you mean, i live in N. Ireland where the war is MENT to be over but there are places i can't go in my school uniform because i'd get beat up for being catholic yet at school i get shit for being pagen? ok, back to your poem, it's amazing and i can compleatly relate, well to NI at least. Thanz for reviwing my poem, i really appreciate it.
Rana Eressea chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
You are my idol. That was absolutely beautiful.
I would love to elaborate on that and try out with it for the talent show at my school this year. May I have your permission to do so? Please, email me at and tell me if it's okay. I'll give you credit for it, of course (after all, it's yours)!
FearOfClowns chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
Merry Meet!
I liked that a lopt. I'm going to put you on my author alert list, don't let me down! ;)
Blessed be,
Liz.
l'orage d'absinthe chapter 1 . 9/3/2003
Dude, I totally agree with you. The state of America today is depressing. I can't go into the mall without having shop-owners glare at me and ask me to make my purchases quick, I can't go to the flipping library without getting glared at. And I'm blonde and white. Just because of my clothing, just becuase I like to wear the colour black and spikes and I'm not into the whole 'lets wear tight pants and polo shirts and giggle and act preppy thing' I'm under suspicion. And just then I used a label, I discriminated against a group of people because of the way they dressed.

But I was supposed to be reviewing your poem. I quite liked it, in fact, I'm going to make my friends read it!

-TDG
Lina Inverse chapter 1 . 8/21/2003
A very true piece. The rhyme worked perfectly.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/21/2003
Very very cool & true poem! it rocks a lot i love the third line in every stanza its the smae & different at the same time.. its cool!