Reviews for Colours
Lirael1 chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
Very idealistic, and a new idea about the issue as well. Most people say don't think about color, but I agree with your view and am very pleased with the way that you supported yourself in this lyrical form. My only concern is that...it's all good until the last line. I understand the viewpoint, but you've made the rest of the poem so wondefully universal, perhaps just leave God out of it? Still, impressive work and well done!
waterbaby chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
i like howyou took a sensitive issue and wrote something so beautiful and significant. its now another one of my new faves
Wren Craven chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
hey!
this is really good! it addresses a sensitive issue from a non-biased point of view. i also don't understand why people discriminate agianst colour...it's all the same to me...awesome job!
check out my work sometime, if you've got the time...
chloe
RingWraith14 chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
I loved this poem!

I liked how u described everything!
If thou hadst hands chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
it's an really likeable poem! i'm white myself but i'm reeally , really against racism cause some of my friends are african americans and asian and more so although i can't see it truly from you side i can still relate in some sense. Anyway, i really enjoyed it. Good work!
TylerB chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
wow i loved this one as well.

of all the poems on this site there are very few that cover real issues. excellent job. i love it
Winter's Roar chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
This was beautifully (sp) simplistic, almost child-like. I wish more people thought so clearly as you do. Please don't be sorry though, that this deals with a more sensitive issue, you're perfectly entitled to your own thoughts, (plus you have positive ones, so that's always good). Another fabulous poem!

~ winter
dfgsfdghftgt44 chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
That is entirely true. I may be white, but I don't treat anyone different. Like you said we're all brothers and sisters in the eyes of God, so what does color really matter? This is a great great poem! Very excellent, Ms. Summerdazed!

~Cirien Phoenix
Loganberry chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
I like this one, both for its message and for the way its laid out. It's a pretty simple structure, but often that's very effective, and I think that's the case here.

The one small thing I would say is that you might consider getting rid of the A/N at the bottom. The poem would have a stronger message standing alone. Readers like to do a little work! ;)
Clouded Crimson chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
So true! However, I don't feel that white is the envy of all eyes!
Free-Writer chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
Great job! you said it the right way!
Roxanne Barnett chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
very very iggo. i feel exactly the same way
Jade Black chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
Great! Relevant, cool and an issue that I tend to feel alot about. Have you ever noticed that most white people with racist issues have a really good tan?
Ephemeral Dreams chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
wow, your poem really hits the nail on its head. It's not only annoying how skin color leads to racism all over the world, and makes people fight, but I think it's really sad that people bleed and die for something seemingly so shallow, anyway. Your poem is a little bit like one I wrote a long time ago, except I was thinking more of animals and humans of different countries. Sort of about how all things bleed red blood.

Kudos to you. You're a wonderful poet too, I must say.

~ ElveNDestiNy
WatermelonMoon chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Wow. Thats great, I too am anoyed about how racist this world is. Its real sad but its up to us to make the difference and you're starting ti, well done.