Reviews for Did You Hear
A Face Worth Remembering chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
There really arent enough poems like this one. It is really good, and so true.
angel of sorrow n darkness chapter 1 . 9/26/2004
hm this had an interesting twist I liked it
IHJ chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
The repetition of "Did you hear about the new girl" is good, pounds in the fact that they're talkin' about her, and spreading rumors and all. Nice rhyme scheme. The style makes the reader a bit distant, but the moral is, of course, quite evident.

Izzy J.
me10 chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
some of the rhyming didnt fit as well as some or it, but it ddoesnt matter that much because the way you described this girl was really good.
VelvetTears chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
wow i loved your peom

im usually not into poetry, but i go scanning ppls poems and try to make it into a song. and when i read yours, it just flowed into a song from my mouth.

completely moving

lol wow thats all i can say, normally ppl dont ryhme enough, or ryhme too much and stuff so its hard to sing it, but yours was just so easy to put to a rythem. cant spell, sry lol ok wellz keep up the good work

-samantha-
FaceOfNo1 chapter 1 . 8/27/2003
I really liked that. It happened before at my school, the whole suicide thing. Yeah, well, also I read your bio thing. Its happening to me too, the not uploading correctly. Yeah, its happened before so I'm guessing its the site.

.:MystikalMoi:.
BadGirlz4Life chapter 1 . 8/27/2003
aw thats so sad!
ApolloGod chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
wow. that is just really strong.

and i love it.

its great.

though, " and the skull she carries her pack" in her pack? or is it a skull backpack?

that's the only thing to fix. very nice...

and i can see that connection it has to true life. nice that it does. it seems more powerful to me that way.
autumnskyhill chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
*wipes away a tear*

Whoa.

I wish I could rhyme when I wrote poetry... :P

Very angsty poem, but I loved it!
fcktupkid582 chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
WOW! this is such a great poem! I love who you use the same first line and i just love the last stanza! great job!
autumnrhapsody chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Sorry, I meant to say also that I liked having the last stanza last, because it shows why, and kind of gives the moral-type-thing last.

Some lines kind of sound like they need more syllables, like you could say "and the skull she carries inside her pack" or "her jewelry that scares us all" or "in the inside left pocket of her coat" but maybe I am just reading it wrong, emphasizing words differently. I like the last line being short, though.
AutumnRhapsody chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
I like the repetition, the rhymes are good, and so is the message. Good job!
Unchained Soul chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Hah! This is great! It's so true and I love the form of it, how you keep repeating that line. I think everyone can relate to this at one point or another in their life. Good job!
Lady Eklipse chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Wow I really did like this...you have no idea how much it upsets me when I hear gossip or someone making assumptions about someone they did not even know...will you read some of mine?
La Solange chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
That was beautifully done... although I might rephrase the suicide stanza to be at the end- might be more powerful. Just a suggestion.

But really, this was good! :)

-Calire