Reviews for A Darker Shade of Red
Caness chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
You are amazingly talented-this is a beautiful piece.
Knightley chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
i recognized the midsummer night's dream part. does that count as poetry? it rhymes, no?
Rusty And The Rubix Horse chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
This is an excellent little piece! I especially liked your descriptions of the characters-I can totally picture them...half of my school fits the descriptions. Nice job.
l'orage d'absinthe chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
that was absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could write so well. I'm not sure what to call this, it feels like poetry, yet it looks like prose. Either way, it's very well done.
Love Me CrayziE chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
a darker shade of red...cause a long night means a fist fight? are we qouting lyrics here? ...anyhow, you should read franny and zooey by j.d salinger. you might like it.
Unbirthday chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
I love your lyrical poem. What I like about it especially is that the tone and voice don't sound fake, and it's really you talking. I guess that sounds weird, but sometimes when people write poetry they adopt another voice, and the poem sounds fake. Hehe, I seem to be describing me. Some of my favorite lines, or rather sections, was in the beginning in "the tentacles of an octopus on mushrooms. We loved her. She radiated security in black eyeliner and tai chi lessons...Our punk rock Nefertiti; Minerva. Artemis..." And then the next part when she asked, "what the fuck is wrong with your hair?" I like how the pace speeds up, and then abruptly stops. Like how people really think. Even though it's been more than a year, I still think you should consider doing a continuation! )
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 9/26/2004
this was so beautiful- how you describe Genevieve and her relationship with the narrator. this was just so well written, lovely and amazing. definitely keep going.
One Up chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
CHA! WHOA!
SippingFallenRaindrops chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
That was simply amazing. Just beautiful and really gorgeous.
wingless chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
my gawd. i love this. its so beautiful. i love your wrirting style. it's mix with punk rock culture is unusual, and interesting. i love your descriptions, they are stunning. this is almost icnematic. but your sense of point of view is amazing too. i could rant on. basically this is amazing, please continue it
featherlight chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
Wow. Just-holy fuck. Wow.
I liked the second paragraph best-all the little quirks, like her love of books and her ethnicity and her name, come together and the reader gets a better picture of who she is.
This is-I don't know. Pretty? Amazing? Real? All of those. I like it.
Soviet chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
Extreamly well done.

This is deffinatly one of the best fics I read on FP, good job. Please continue
fontanellemonster chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Aw...it's very definitely worth the effort of continuation! I liked the cheap punk named Jake, that made me giggle. Cheap punks named Jake with Squier Strats and green hair and saftety pins are everywhere now.

I sort of want to point out my favourite lines but I'm lame and I can't think. I like them all...OK, well my favourite paragraph was the one that started "what the fuck is wrong with your hair?" and went on to "...I just use Elmer's."

I love the way you do subtle femslashy stuff. Like um...something else you wrote...I don't remember the title. It might have been "Crimson & Clover" but wasn't that the one with Benji and Joel (wow I'm going to see them two nights in a row because two different friends are dragging me along...)? You're cool. Like banana & vinegar milkshake or something.
anon63 chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
I'm with romancingthemoon. You are the anti-fake. You are the queen. Of everything.
romancingthemoon chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
wow...just...wow...

the more i read you the more i like you. you are the anti-fake.