Reviews for I Have Opinions, So I Guess I Am Evil
The Intelligent Designer chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
It seems that your reviewers like you, and I really agree with a recent one. We should start a club! Your use of a scientific study to support your thooughts is wonderful. This felt like an essay to me. Just a very bad tempered one :) Your take on issues are awesome, and I now officialy love your style in writing. Only one line bothers me, out of context. "They're also very suicidal." Not all are, as I'm sure you know. Just clarify it, and I'll be happy.
Kaimaru chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
It's nice to hear a real voice like yours now and again; honesty is a rare thing nowadays. I totally support you, although I don't appreciate being a "dirty liberal" for my values, I suppose that's me.
FlamingDuo chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
We hesitate to write this. Will you read it? Oh well. We have no lives. What you need to realize is that you're not evil for having an opionion, but you are evil for thinking that yours is the only right one. You fail to realize people have differnt perspectives, see things differently, understand things differently, and therefore, react to things differntly. Get over your rightous self. You're not hot stuff, you're simply another person with opinions, like all of us. Such an outspoken person will always be countered by outspoken people. Deal with it. That's life.
WS Mock chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
I don’t really agree with what you are saying here. I don’t know if you realize you are calling Christians hypocritical for slamming your beliefs, however you yourself are slamming our beliefs. God doesn’t hate gays, some argue it is a sin of lust, humans should not identify sin unless it is clear in the bible. The only place in the bible that says no gays aloud is also the old book of laws for people who were walking through a dessert for forty years. In essence, they are old laws. Now lets talk of the verses you bring up. I have studied the gospels and Jesus himself never said those things. Man said those things, and as sure as men will integrate their beliefs into the bible, they did. However Jesus himself never said anything against women. He sat with a prostitute, and the diseased. He didn’t condemn them he wanted to save them. I don’t think that you disagree with people who want to help people. I am a liberal, I am a socialist, and I am a Christian. Only a few people in Christianity have blown up abortion clinics hon, and even us superstitious crazies know that they are crazier then us and no better then the Muslim extremist who blows up U.S. embassies. Do you think all Muslims do that? If you do then you are a close minded human being. I invite you to take what I have said to heart. E-mail me with questions. I would happily answer them, if not then go ahead, call me a crazy, get mad. I just hope you know not to generalize people based on others mistakes okay. S. Mock
theLethean chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Fantastic! Although the gay 'issue' is a little old, I love the bit about abortion - it's about time someone had their own, pro-abortion, say :)

This is definitely going on my faves.
Stories-have-souls chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
You would be a fantastic TV debator. I could imagine you pouring words of sense into viewer's ears, making them actually wonder if they should have thought about what their beliefs were before they concreted them forever.

I think that the Bible, though originally coming from God's words, was altered (inevitably) by the hundreds of years and Man's own greeds.
SapphireIris chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
First 'chapter' looks good. I'm not flaming, definitely not. My opinion is that everyone has a right to thier own thoughts, and these stupid conservative christians want everyone to agree with THEM. Not happening. I guess I'm evil too. We should start a club.

-SapphireIris
iknowthethirdthingaboutpoetry chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
Well, you already got a lot of reviews, and I was going to say something about using your deadjournal to rant, but you've paid to be in the spotlight, so what the heck, why not throw in my two cents. :D

*reads and, as expected, finds nothing never-before-heard*

Why, aren't you the opinionated one! And generalizing is always teh way to go, of course. Just the kind of mindset an alcohol-dependent and individualistic/open-minded college student should have! Gosh, ain't the future in some good hands.
UnfortunateFortunate chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
You are oh so very right! Although I AM catholic, and do belive in The Bibble, some of it is very ourdated to today's society. Great, humm, rant! 3
Kaiwaf chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
Hm, yes, true. . .it is a rant. BUT COME ON! Why is the essay section being turned into ranting grounds? WHY? I know *you* at least, can write. So why not make it into a rant DISGUISED in essay format? Also, essays embody opinions. Therefore, responses to essays will be opinionated. If you can't deal with that, then you don't belong in the essay section.

All that aside though, this was the first rant I was able to get through without wanting to cry from sheer horror. Nice job.

Kat
Me chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
First of all, very nice essay. I agree with your views on abortion, although I think abortion is wrong if the mother has all the means to support her comming child and simply just doesn't want to go through with the pregnancy for purely selfish reasons. Although let me clarify that for the life or health of the mother is not what I'm classifying as a sefish reason. I also agree with your views on homosexuality. Wether God truly sees homosexuality as right or wrong is not the point. All poeple have done something sinful, be it murder, lie, steal, or anything else. In my opinion, if God can accept all these people, he can accept gays and lesbians too. If all sins are equal in weight, that is, they are all punishable by an eternity in hell, how can we be willing to accept and befriend people who are striat and constantly making bad decisions, but deny the homosexual because we feel thier nature is wrong. Not accepting homosexuality is parallel to not accepting one based on their personal religious beliefs, racial or ethinic background, or some other trivial thing. Homosexuality does not make a person evil, at least no more than you or I. Who are we to judge others, that is not our place, but God's. Also, on your translation of those bible verses, I would like to share a few things I was taught about them. Colassians 3:22 does sound like it is condoning slavery, yes. But, you must take into account that in the tiime period it was written, slavery was a way of life. Plus, slaver then was different too. Slaves were more likely prisoners of war or had been sentenced to it. Slavery wasn't about to be abolished in the three years Jesus held his ministry. It made much more sense to adapt scriptures to the lifestye for acceptance rather than to condemn everyone and their way of life. So, with slavery there to stay, they speak directly to the slaves. The passage is aying, moreover, that slaves should obey their masters as thier masters should obey the lord. As to the seccond verse from Colasians, if you know the way the original languge works, the untranslated bible's meaning is a bit different. When you pay attention, taking into account the previous verse, it is comanding that each spouse should submit to each other, no only one. And yes, the whole world is damned to hell. Thats the beauty of Christianity, we achieve salvation into heavan through a gracious gift of the Lord Jesus and his dying on the Cross for us. These are my thoughts on your thoughts. ;-)
Walk like a Ghost chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Wow!

*claps*

You have done a magnificant job. Honestly, that was...great. There's no other word to describe it. It brought tears of happiness to my eyes.

I don't have much experience with Catholics but I sure as hell am stuck with a bunch of Christians.

I believe in everything you've said, and if we both go to 'Hell' than I'd love to give you a HUGE hug down there. Finally you have stood up for what you (and I) believe in.

Thank You.

Thank you very much.
UnfortunatelyFortunate chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
*appluades* loved it loved it loved it. Awesome points and such. Hurray for you.

Note: You should have added this one verse from lavidicus about how eating shell fish is a SIN, its a little before the whole lay with men thing. I threw that it someones face and was happy the whole day .
me chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
Yep, yep, yep.
Double Entendre chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
Interesting part. I like the bit about homosexuality.
133 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »