Reviews for Troy
MoistenedBint chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Well, first of all, this was AMAZING, and it's going straight to my favorites.

Second, I have a C2 archive dedicated to Cassandra, and unless you have any objections (which I really hope you don't), I would like to add this.

~LazyChestnut~
Crewger chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
wait... didn't she get raped by little ajax?
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
It's extremely rare to find any sort of myth here that begins to touch on the original. When a story this powerful (in such a purely visual form) centers on the character I am portraying through an entirely different medium- it's amazing. Cassandra is one of my favorite figures in Grecian mythology because she is so misunderstood, and because so few people can have this impression with her. Your Cassandra is haunting, beautiful, and almost ethereal.

I've never heard the song, but you've epitomized the songfic. If you've created details (Cassandra's affairs, perhaps), they fit the story- and the small details (Astyanax and the not-so-small Ajax the Lesser) make this story past a wonder. This is something that I'll be admiring for a long time.
RedFive chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
I liked this a lot. The scenes fit with the lyrics and it all flowed together very nicely. I'd never heard of the song before, but this piece inspired me to go out and find it. Thanks!
SchwarzeSonne chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
That was great. I'm a fan of Blind Guardian, particularly that song, and everytime I listen, I get a bunch of mental images. This just organizes them in a way that makes sense.
Eva R. L. Hughes chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
I really love this piece. It's one of the few where I can vividly imagine everything that's going on and where the flashbacks and cuts fit where they are (if that makes any sense). You did a really great job and sparked my liking for Cassandra.
Nienyalie chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
I just reread this and it's truly amazing. I've never seen anything quite like it. Marvelous, simply marvelous.
fuckoff fictionpress wish to d chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
wowthat was powerfulvery powerfuli havent even heard the songbut i loved what you wrote!wow*mega smiles*
Daughter of Briseis chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
Wow. You are amazing. That was so good. You made me cry in the middle of my school computer lab, that was so astoundingly awesome..You rock. This was done beautifully, with emotion and realistically. A wonderful rendition of the classic story. You should be given an award. Seriously..~Daughter of Briseis~
screamstar87 chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
I already reviewed this at FFN, but I just had to throw this in. There were 20 children by Hecuba, of which I THINK there were only two boys, but I think there were about 50 children of Priam overall, including countless brothers.
ModestySparrow9 chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
*tear* that's beautiful, I wish I knew which song that was...very nice though, I think about stuff like that when I write my stories (with the music)
lovepoison chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
very very nice. i love the waythat it was written so i could picture in such a way! love it!
La Corda d'Oro chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
I must say that I enjoyed this play greatly. It was an enticing piece of writing and I can only imagine what it would be like if I could see it. It would be wonderful.
And MiriamP? Cassandra had fifty brothers and countless other sisters. Either that, or she had fifty siblings including herself. I happen to know that I am probably correct becuase I have been reading deeply into mythology for the last few years. Maybe you should check Edith Hamilton, Ovid, Homer, and the others again.
zagato chapter 1 . 11/13/2003
Well done! I love tragedies. The fall of Troy is already such a sad story and you even chose Cassandra to tell her story. Wicked! It is also ironic she has to live with Agamemnon - the cursed house of Atreus. What makes all these more mind-blowing is that she knows what is going to happen to her. Yes, a prophet is never honored in one's own country. You even made her pregnant. I really don't know who Coroebus is. Must have missed him in the Iliad. Anyway, great work! Please write more.
MiriamP chapter 1 . 10/21/2003
okay, of all the accounts i have read (and that would be 2 plays, too many stories to count, and some essays) cassandra only had two brothers. Paris and Hector. Also, the play seems VERY choppy. it might be confusing to watch it cut from scene to scene. Another thing... Cassandra was blessed with the gift (from Apollo) to see the future... but since she would NOT have him, he cursed her. He said that noone would ever believe her prophesies... so is it really believable that cassandra would be believed in her prophesies... one more thing and I am done. It seems as though cassandra is stating what is happening as it happens and then to the future and then to the past and back to present... sorry i just have to have everything right when it comes to myths and history