Reviews for False Facades
rie chapter 1 . 1/1
I enjoy reading your story. I have been reading some stories in fictionpress and it turned out that yours is the best. I like the plot, the dialogues, the characters..hillarious. keep up your good work. Regards from indonesia :)
HunterJumperDressage chapter 30 . 12/24/2014
This was a wonderful story and intrigued me from the very start. I love stories that dress girls up as boys...I guess that's my love of Shakespeare coming out. Anyway, you did a wonderful job with this story and it was a pleasure to read:)
LadyCarrie chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Just read this again and I now remember why I loved it so much! Lol
Lazerflame chapter 30 . 12/6/2014
I see what you did there...wait, the author of this story is Will? That worries me.
This is by far the best FictionPress story I have ever read and I will most definitely read the sequel. :)
retrospect129 chapter 30 . 10/19/2014
Excellent story, really enjoyed it! You did a really good job of insane Frank!
jammie.donut chapter 30 . 10/5/2014
Holy crap. This story was beautiful. Just... Wow. It was cute, action-packed and funny (as in 'trying to silently howl with laughter at 3 am while everyone else is asleep but failing because you've rolled off your bed and sent your mum running into my bedroom like there's a fire' sort of funny). I found myself falling in love with all the gang - Sammy and Vincent's hilarious banter, Will's so-called 'colourful' personality, Danielle's general awesomeness - and by the last chapter I genuinely felt like these people, that I've spent a whole night's worth of reading with, are real. I don't know whether it's my 4.30 am craziness or simply my AHHHHHH opinions on this story, but it feels really weird to be going back to school, back to normal life tomorrow, after what I've just experienced here. It takes a bloody talented writer to make someone feel like that. It's... I can't believe that Sammy and Vincent's story is finally over. Although, I've gotta say, I do love the Will-centred twist in the epilogue thing. Thanks so much for writing this! And by the way, if you don't become an author someday, the world will have missed out!
T.S. Bourough chapter 30 . 10/2/2014
The last paragraphs did it for me, I love Will, he is my favorite character. Once I, reader, learned he uploaded the novel online it made perfect sense why he was such a diva during the entirety of the story.
I don't know if that made any sense.
I decided to read all 30 chapters before writing any reviews, and I simply love it.
What I'm struggling with is with your book's point of view on sexual preferences. Let's take Will's lifestyle, he is open about being bisexual but sometimes his friends don't think his attitude is acceptable. The question that this book raises in me is: what is wrong with being gay, or lesbian, or a crossdresser? I know I don't mind what people's choices are, and you probably don't, but reading in a book that a person cannot accept someone because he speaks openly about his sexuality makes me feel I'm stuck in the past, not looking into the future.
Let me give you an example. Will reminds me of an ex co-worker, for years he would flirt with anyone at the office, we eventually learned to live with his way of showing love, men or women, nobody thought he was crazy, mad, that he had a problem, nor anyone would joke about injuring him, or tell him to be normal. What is normal in the end?
I guess what I'm trying to know is what is your opinion on this, nor personal opinion if you will but from your book's pov, I'm concerned I didn't understand something and got this all wrong.
If this makes sense to you at all, and I cannot stress this enough, I loved it, my favorite part was when Will tried to stop Vincent from going to Sam's room, I can't believe how hard I laughed, I guess it was chapter 17.
I overlooked grammar and spelling errors this time because I would've stopped reading it, it is hard work indeed, and it would've taken all the fun out of it. Besides I'm working on my own writing skills and fighting with my own errors too.
Also I wanna know everything about Will, LOL :)
evelyn chapter 30 . 9/23/2014
amazing story couldnt stop myself from re-reading it a gazillion times!
Anonymous Demigods chapter 30 . 8/20/2014
This story is like a modern day Mulan. Except for the reason why she dressed like a boy, nice twist.
Guest chapter 6 . 8/15/2014
Oh No!
SAK00 chapter 30 . 8/5/2014
This was a wonderful story. I so cracked up at several parts, tears nearly came to my eyes! Thanks for it. :)
Kuro Muun chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
guest chapter 6 . 7/18/2014
DandyAndy chapter 30 . 7/11/2014
I loved this story! I read it from beginning to end without stopping, I couldn't tear my eyes from my computer screen. The only criticism that I would offer is that sometimes the dialogue gets a bit confusing, with so many characters having one conversation at the same time. That being said, I loved how every character was so uniquely developed and raw. I really felt like I got to know these characters you've created! A job very well done.
ariawillows chapter 30 . 7/7/2014
Uhhhhh, never mind. I realized you have a revised version, and probably address this. But if you ever are looking to revise it again, I'd definitely have constructive suggestions ! And I really admire your light-hearted, upbeat style.
7,224 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »