Reviews for Selfless
Centrau guardian chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
I initially read this because the warning at the beginning caught my eye (I love it, by the way. About time someone started labelling for heterosexual relationships as well as homosexual ones), but from the first sentence I found myself caught. There's such tragic, emotional truth in this. There's a purity to it that's touching, and a faint, distant kind of pain. *shakes head* It's inspiring, and I'm glad I chose to read it.

I'm adding it to my C2, in hope that it catches other another person's eye and inspires them too.
Katie123 chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
That was great! I really liked Rob's voice...very torn between immaturity and maturity, holding on and letting go just...torn. Keep writing! :)
PirateGrrl chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
I really don't know what to say. You've done so well with this and damn, good on you. It's very real and very believable. The lines are so decriptive of emotion that it reads like poetry. The repitition drives the point home in a way that's somehow frightening (setting the bar high) and somehow makes one feel safe (a reminder of what he really is: precious, honorable, clever, strong, etc.). You've got me with this.

Wonderful work.
LinLin chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
Wow... This was amazing! Bravo. I love your technique and your use of the first person was perfect. Wow. I think I'm going to go read this again!
Miss Wendy chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
Firstly, I adore your warning at the top of the page about this piece containing m/f references. Nice work:-)
The story's a touch slow moving, however I enjoyed the dialogue. Also, Rob's thought's on love being/not being dependent on pre-existing desperation for company, are awesome.
You've managed to easily combine thoughts on love/religion/masculinity/change etc smoothly and seemingly without effort. Good stuff.
Katrina Forest chapter 1 . 9/28/2003
This is a very nice piece of work. My only complaint si the length - it takes a while to get started. I really started to get into it around the first thoughts of the father. Before that, I was having a bit of trouble following who was speaking. Sometimes a new paragraph indicated a new speaker and sometimes it didn't. But overall, once I got started, I really like your use of language, the repetition and flow made it almost like a poem.

Mackenzie Anderson chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
The repetition of the qualities fit in well, and add something to your story... well, reflection of life, really. You know... we both sound like bitter people. Maybe we are. I don't know. But anyway... from the song... "The saddest words of tongue or pen, are these four words: it might have been." I suppose we'll never know... I'm just relieved to still have your friendship after it all.