Reviews for Thorny Roses
SleepDontWeep chapter 4 . 5/18/2005
this is such a brilliant portrail of a lovers death.. i love how you've described their realationship.. its so realistic! i love it... i cant wait for you to continue it... please do!keep up the amazing work! love and admiration Gretchen45 xx!please o please review my story 'Quartz sight'. it deals witha lovers suicide.. id love your opinion! talk to u soon x
lemonyfizz chapter 2 . 9/19/2004
hey girl. me. reading. again. it hurts. brings back old times, opens old scars. falling into new fantasies. this piece hurts. don't get why i read it all the time. must be the writing. must be the author ;) still my number one fave author on planet.
muaks.
Neko chapter 4 . 7/17/2004
*sniff* thats so sad! very good story plz updates soon
happy-fetus chapter 4 . 6/7/2004
you finished the tale.
am so proud of you :)
lazy2login chapter 3 . 3/5/2004
deb, first time i read it till the end. yes, it's me. the b2b. FINISH THE DAMNED story, GIRL! finish IT! finish it at LEASt before the wedding! arrghgg, you ! good bye. and may the good lord bless you.
IHJ chapter 3 . 10/12/2003
Technical mistakes here and there, which you'd probably spot on a second read so won't list them few here. (Sorry if am being too critical.)

A chapter that shows further difference between Renee and Jenna's lifestyles and upbringing. I do hope you'd go more into the aftermath of the incident with Renee's father and the knife in future chapters. And of course this does rather leave us hanging! *staring at the empty sky beneath my feet, hanging from the tree banches overlooking the cliff, feeling nauseous* I wonder what type of mother Jenna has... Only you can answer that!

I love the lines:

She remembered the angry phone calls and letters Jenna ad made and written. The letters she had received in that feminine writing. Letters that looked harmless but hit blow after blow at poor Jenna.

Such contrariness and...it just strikes a chord in me.

damn you for being talented chapter 3 . 10/6/2003
goddamn you for being talented.

you stupid windblown haired person.

haha... kidding. the story's good. real good. you sound gay. are you gay? hmm... think about it. you just might be. god bless.. it's okay, im not a pervert, kurt cobain is mine, sister
AntiPleasure chapter 3 . 10/4/2003
Ah shut up Izzy, you're too critical sometimes. (Just thought I'd mention that)

Anyways, lol I'm sorry my dear, going onto my point. I was in tears when I read this :'( I hope you will continue this, I haven't read something so romantic in such a long time. It's nice to see that there isn't like.. any negative responses to the lesbian relationships. There always seems to be that downfall, and everyone adds emphasis on certain characters saying "you sick dyke, it's wrong" I'm so tired of homophobia in stories, it's nice to see such a change. You potrayed the characters so well. I wish Jenna didn't have to die *cries* I would really like to read more, this is so romantic, and your descriptions are vivid and just simply beautiful. I hope that you will post some more because I can't wait to read it. Oh and by the way my name is Jenna and in a lesbian relationship *giggles* so I'm enjoying this even more.

*Jenna*
IHJ chapter 2 . 9/23/2003
Again, some grammar mistakes. And it's "Thorny" not "Throny".

In the first chapter you said:

Jenna, Jenna, Jenna. With her dark hair tied back in a ponytail, fanned out on a pillow or tucked behind her ear, she was beautiful. She remembered how vain Jenna was when it came to her hair

Then in the second chapter you said Jenna had strawberry blonde hair which the sunset turned to an intense shade of orange.

So is the first chapter description about JENNA or RENEE? If the former, then you have a mistake in your story.

Tragic story...well written chase scene and I managed to get a homey, calm feel in me during the time in the cafe.

I wonder how the stains got in the backseat of the car (as you mentioned in the first chapter). If you're going to continue the story, I suppose I'll find out.

I like the phrase "broken shadow of a human being". Poetic...

Nice story. And it REALLY makes me curious about Renee's background. I like how it's told from her point of view, but not in first person.

IHJ chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
Hallo. You got grammar/spelling mistakes, missing words/letters here and there. And you switch from "Jenna" to "Jeena" mid-way this chapter. Tad bit confused why.

Descriptive, we can see how much Jenna/Jeena meant to her. Nicely written.

if i had a life chapter 2 . 9/23/2003
this is the first story that i have read on fiction press that has made me truly cry, i dont know weather it was your style of writting or the feeling of sadness that you have managed to put through out this peiece of writting, but it was a beautifull read.

Thank you!
Mystical Whisper chapter 2 . 9/14/2003
wow! that was so sad. pure trgedy. wow it was so amazing plz continue!
Dlyope chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
It's nice and all but is the girl's name Jenna or Jeena?
Cheapskate Child chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
really good. i love your descriptions. whoa. you're good. really good.
tiger lily8 chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
That was powerful. It's pretty good. But I think you have some grammar mistakes there. I'd like to see more.