Reviews for cast out
The First Knight of Jane chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
As far as the poem itself goes... This is a good piece of work. The flow is nice and the repititon reinforces the overall drive. I never liked the more open poetic for, preffering structure, but to each their own. If you meant for no capitals however, you missed one in seventh from bottom line.
As for your views on religion... I see where you are coming from. It is hard to believe something tought by people that seem to be entirely hypocritical. Yet you must realize that with a set of ideals such as most religions attempt to live by, it is near impossible to live completely pure. You cannot chastise someone too greatly for trying their best, but failing along the way.
If you are to condemn entire orginizations however on the actions of only a few... You must also realize that there is nothing in this world that you could put your faith in. Outside of orginized religion, people are filled with as much greed and corruption. The difference is that they see nothing wrong with it and they embrace it, where as a christian feels bad about their sins and trys to do better at each turn.
Finally, when the Bible comes into the picture, their is a lot that seems incompatable with modern "enlightened" life. Yet, most of the things people think come from the Bible directly, are actually perceptions of what the Bible says that were adopted by the church to form Dogmatic Law. You may disagree with much or all of this. That is why Jesus said to have a personal walk with God, and not to follow like a lamb without question. If it does come to the point though, where the Bible or other religious book specifically says you are wrong in you actions, you must admit that the behaviour is immoral.
If you want to talk about this, I'd be happy to hear from you. My email adress is on my page.
May everything be perpetually copacetic,
The First Knight of Jane.
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
Good little piece you wrote, so I decided to give you a review. Not bad, I'm not sure if I agree with it or not. You seem to have contrasting views on religion so are you for it or...no? I'm definitely against organized religions because once they spread all over the world, it's like a cult for everyone... I can't explain what I mean but it's like if someone reads the Bible it's their guide for life and they don't think outside of that "box", did that make any sense at all? It's good to have a guide, but it's also good to have your own views, questioning views about religion. I definitely doubt that I would "find Jesus" because I believe he existed, but I don't believe all that other stuff that happened. Anyways, just wanted to say this was a pretty good poem, slack with the capitalization but hey lol still good.

*Jenna*
karmakaze chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
That's extremely sad. I agree with you that the true meaning of religion is getting lost. Ture prayers are prayed to Jesus, so I don't think that some of the cash lovers can destroy the faith completely. The bible said that money is the root of all evil, and money is what is destroying aspects of religion. Interesting, but terribly sad.
Nerf chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
i reli like this, well written, i agree with the subject.

i don reli get the intension of havin no capitals, but surpose that don't reli matter.

Thanx for the review.

XXNerfxx
nolongerhere357 chapter 1 . 9/16/2003
Third line, is "feel" supposed to be "fell"? I was just curious, as I wanted to read "fell".

Had I been raised outside the church, I would likely never have "found jesus", or rather found him bleeding, dying, and fading away as you put it. Kind of odd to think of it that way, but as an outsider, I would most likely have always remained as such.

Even though I am considered one now, by the church, of course. ::grin::
mmoonsshiner chapter 1 . 9/16/2003
this is great! repetition really drives the point.. and twists it .

~Nat The Unchanging Darkness~
Starlight Maiden chapter 1 . 9/16/2003
Yes! I completely see what you mean and I don't find it offensive because I know its not meant to be, and I'm not sure if its what you meant, but I think that 'religion' as such shouldn't be textbook stuff, it should just be a way of life how you wish to live it, as in take responsibility for your own actions, act wisely and just know your morals. Great stuff! I'm always outcasted by my more religious friends that I don't always agree with on more religious topics.