Reviews for Wings of Freedom
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
Rather morbid. well, all your poetry is, but this especially. But in a beautifully optimistic way, so I like. Fefinitely *not* symbolism-happy...there was just enough to make the poem thought-rich without losing that lovely simplicity, and went nowhere near overboard. Love the execution of the idea and the metaphors, though both are- well, overused. Alright, I won't bitch about typical-ness, since this was actually well-written, and I did get caught up in it...
but some fresh subject matter *would* be fun.
Pothe chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
i love symbolism-filled poems, and i loved this one. especialy the line: no ropes to bind nor hands to hurt, dunno somehow it just kinda stuck out among the rest of the lines. keep writing, you have great talent.
Pothe
InSpiteOf chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
MM, I loved the vivid descriptions you used. They were so colorful and full of life...
"For at last in death she is set free"-
How true, how true! Death brings no end, only the beginning... I can see that things beyond the physical fascinate you. You want to explore the spiritual, the unseen. I can't blame you; it is always in the back of my mind. If you care to swap ideas sometime, email me- .
Taelianessa chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
Beautiful.. I love the imagery in this poem.. I was able to clearly picture what was going on. Excellent job!
Mizutaka chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
Hmm . . . I was wondering why the begining sounded slightly familiar. _ Anyway, beautiful! How can you manage to shove in so much imagery without making it wordy? Ahh, such a fluid image of death you've managed to capture.

-Mizutaka
these kids chapter 1 . 11/10/2003
greta imagery. the colors kind of make the poem stronger. i liked the layout. overall it was surprisingly emotional and a great poem. keep it up :)

These kids