Reviews for Elegant Swirls of Steam
Madame Loyale chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
Wow. Just...wow.

Absolutely unbelievable. I LOVE this. Excellent job!
grim-dreamer chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
The poem grabs your attention. As it progresses in that emotionally strung way, you think you're going to find out about what makes this man hurt so badly, but you're left wondering, while the answer is somewhere else...
Weeba chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
That's so sad. I love the phrasing in this...so lyrical. And the little details like the tea and the rain. Lovely.
Jadah Krayne chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
Wow...this almost moved me to tears. The amount of pain and emotion in this is incredible. This poem hits the heart directly and is very moving. I think I repeated myself, but that's okay. You are an incredible writer and I really enjoyed reading this.
FigureItOut chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
wow, that's such strong emotion, and incredibly raw & sad
Fleyer chapter 1 . 10/14/2003
This is a wonderful poem.
Mackenzie Anderson chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
I think this is quite possibly the best thing you've written. In my opinion anyway, which is quite subjective. I think this is amazing... very impressive. Rhyme scheme flowed well, and the mechanics were near perfect. Beautifully, hauntingly written.
Rebecca Kelsey chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
omg, thats like...wow...

I really loved it! Its so sad

keep writing,

Becca
sos chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
You're going to have to excuse me... F*ing raw... I love it. I really love it. No words. *applause* sos
123456789gone chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
Wow. Although the length puts many off, this is well worth the read and captivates the reader right until the end.

The content is very well portrayed throughout, and for me I felt a certain amount of empathy towards the first person in the poem. In places, it almost seems a little too vivid, but that should be seen as a tribute to your talent, and not a discredit to the poem.

Another on the fav authors list.
i was a postcard chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
Wow, wow, wow. So much good stuff in one poem!

"I just hope you won’t try to slide my broken shards back in their places"

"There are forgotten secrets I have that I must never tell

About demons and pain and heaven and angels that fell"

"You’ll use your sugary feelings to repair what was shattered

To craft a fake bandage around a soul that is tattered"

"The rains beats at the windows and I know I’m better off broken."

These lines really hit me. These poem almost gave me chills. One thing I'm curious about (and I hope you don't find me rude) but in this poem, you refer to yourself as a man, but in your profile, you have that forum for lesbians and your picture looks like a girl. I'm a just a little confused (and probably ignorant.) Well, that's besides the point. Awesome work. :D
BecomingMyself chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
So very well written, even though very long, it caputers one's attention until the very end, with such sad emotions of sorrow and pain, somehow universal and probably felt and lived through by a lot of us...

GOOD POEM!
Trinity Joselyn Carter chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
DAMN! i had my doubts and wasn't going to read this, but now i am really happy i did. the rhyming and imatry and everything was great. WOW I GIVE THIS A 20 OUT OF TEN! really really really good! i hope you know that i really liked this poem :D
Lara H. Rose chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
This is a great poem, full of insight and emotion. It's simple in it's rhyming scheme and has captured my attention and heart. Who is he? Who is she? Why is he so broken? Question whirl around me everytime I read this. Perfect. Simply perfect.