Reviews for I Am Not A Communist
greenbanana chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
what's wrong with being a communist? i wouldn't think any less of you if you were..
Lillia chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
i liked it. it flowed very well and the message was really good and powerful. personally, my views are that anarchy does not work bc living only for yourself can never work plus there needs to be some form of rules and/or society, i like the idea of communism on paper but it never works, i really dislike capitalism bc i did a report on globalization, the IMF and NAFTA...and its really fucked up the way oppression feeds the pockets of the CEOs, personally, i like socialism. i dont think its perfect, but from what i've found, researched, heard, its one of the best systems from my view. thought i'd just share my two bits... so good job again and umm...see you around
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
awesome.. in the old sense of the word.
Le Creature chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
Don't lie. We all know you're communist. You can't deny it. You don't like capitalism, therefore, you are a communist. You left-wing crazy folk just make Stalin laugh... ;P

...hehehe Nice poem.
lili brik chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
*I do not believe in Capitalism

It's Robin Hood in reverse

I don't believe in privatisation

It makes a bad system worse

Democratic governments allow the shit to carry on

They smile and say individuals have rights*

this was good...some of this needs work, but some ideas here are well and amusingly stated. oh, and one of your reviewers amused me with her 'pre-ackaged' anarchy statement -living in a primitive, semi-tribal state is exactly what i want. better for the earth-i think i wrote a poem about my ideal form of anarchy-living happily off the land, without any outside control. i hate society and government and i have serious luddite tendences...i'm not sure if this is what you want-you seem a bit more informed than the average hot topic goth anarchist, so i'll give you credit. really, though, i'm interested in what kind of anarchy it is that you support...ijust curious.
havocsharbinger chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
Anarchy doesn't work. Now, I'm not saying I support capitalism, or the war (though I'm not against it), but anarchy still doesn't work. First of all, you can't obtain it, because there would need to be an organized attack on a regime if it were to be rendered. Even if anarchy was achieved, by separating from an embodiment, the anachists themselves wouldn't be so dependent as to make a living, and war would be the result. All anarchy achieves is order. Trust me, I liked the poem, and I agree with some views, and it was very well written, but if it's anarchy your striving for, it just seems rediculous to me. I myself am a socialist. E-mail me any time if you wish to argue. By the way, have you seen SLC Punk?
Kay Harlow chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
I don't mean to sound mean but do you really think you're an anarachist? Yes, you don't support capitalism and you don't conform but that doesn't make you an anarchist. True anarchy is complete independence from government and society. If you were a true anarchist, you would be living on your own land away from neighborhoods, growing your own food, making your own clothes, completely independent of the government and others. Anarchy isn't some glossy packaged dream that Hot Topic packages and capatilizes on in merchandise. Anarchy isn't some label you can take up just to give you an excuse for senseless rebellion. It's a harsh, independent, and hardcore lifestyle that if you really looked into you really wouldn't even consider taking up.
Inoperative chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
anarchy! yeah!

"I do not believe in discrimination

And capitalists love to hate

I do not believe in globalisation

But governments think it's great

There are three classes in society

The rich, the poor and those who work for a living

Profits are all that matter today

And there's money not selfless giving

Capitalism robs the poor

And give the rich money to hire whores

The homeless are high and hungry

And the republicans are starting wars"

couldn't agree more!