Reviews for Writer's Wall
God of you chapter 1 . 3/23/2005
very good me... er... you i mean (lol) but anyway, i really enjoyed this poem, i'm glad you told me about it, it's a very good one and is going on my faves, good job
Diana Shore chapter 2 . 12/31/2003
I can definately emphasize with your frustration!
Anjeni Windsinger chapter 2 . 11/11/2003
Haha, this has happened far too many times to count. Great addition :)
Anjeni Windsinger chapter 1 . 11/11/2003
Ah, yes, the VERY ANNOYING WRITER'S BLOCK... er.. WALL. I seem to get it everytime after I write something. Anyways, I loved the last stanza. I never seen it being described as a wall before, it's a nice change. "They call it a block, but a block can fall" Great line, that is. Very good write!
SweetGrape chapter 2 . 11/4/2003
Rhymes are a bit iffy in this one.

aww- I wanna take credit for the title (either that or I want a cookie, it's really up to you... excuse my insaniy, I missed my meals today)

ANYWAY!

Can definitely relate to this because I've had writers block for way too long. Just trying to force yourself to write, getting into position, all ready... except for the inspiration! Argh!

'Twitching at ideas'- yeah, things pop in and you wonder if you could sue it or how to or things like that.

'I feel like such a fake'- not like a writer anymore.

'How on earth did I ever write?' - this feeling is so overpowering, or so long-lasting that you can't think how you were ever without it.

'lost the plot' could have a double meaning, though it probably doesn't. It could mean that you've lost it, or it could mean that an idea skipped your mind or you've muddled it up.

Definitely recognisable symptoms. not sure why ou called it 'k', but I'd call it 'Hands on the keyboard' cos it's a kinda common phrase and it's such a typical image of someone just trying desperately to write!
JJR Meerraf chapter 2 . 11/3/2003
This was great! An excellent additon to the first chapter, but then again, all of your stuff is great! Keep it up!
simpleplan13 chapter 2 . 11/3/2003
lol.. i like it its funny & i like the repitition!
Diana Shore chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
I like that "But the thoughts escape and flee". God, I hate when that happens.
JJR Meerraf chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
Hehehehe, yep, I think we've all been there. You portrayed the feeling so well also, I'm reading and just moaning at bad memeories, :-). Beautiful stuff!
Nerf chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
I love this! I last line is reli gd, and ends it reli well. U hav done well in described the feeling.

I remain ur no.1 fan

Thanx for the review!

XXNerfxx
The Poison Pen chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Good! I think a lot of us know what you're talking about :-D
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
writers block sucks... great poem tho! rhymingness is cool!
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Writers wall!:)

The first stanza seems to be elongated just so it will fit the rhythm of the other two stanzas.

I like the last stanza best- it's really clever. 'They call it a block, but a block can fall' end having to 'climb this wall' were great wordplays/metaphor.

And then the last line is exactly how it feels- just listening, but not active.
AVIGON chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Love the idea behind this. I think it's great how you managed to not make a rhyme this obvious sound too cheesy (I like subtlety, can you tell?). Good job, period.
screenwriter-of-pendula chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
You call that writer'sBLOCK?Man that's genius for me, I can't even rhyme!