Reviews for Selfish?
Lorna 'Alia Bright Child' Hale chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
A very good poem, and again, I can relate. lol I seem to be able to relate to all of your poems. Magick isn't selfish, that's for sure. I once did a spell to get my college brother a jjob, because he REALLY needed money. I really don't think that's selfish. Some people don't understand. Don't let them bother you.
Merry Meet and Merry Part and Merry Meet Again!
Blessed Be!
Lor
AngelaiR chapter 1 . 3/17/2004
OOhh, I really love this poem! I am adding it to my favorites, well done! Its meaningful, has good rhythm and rhyme, I love it!
Nervous Neuron chapter 1 . 2/6/2004
THANK YOU! That was great. My fave line "No positive religion is selfish" and I so agree. I don't give a damn if you are Jewish or Wiccan, Buddhist or even Satanist if you have good intentions. I like the way the end of each verse/paragraph thing had I selfishly want... [somthing good here]. It had a really good effect. .
Lina Inverse chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
I don't think any religion, even Satanism, is selfish- it's just that selfish people try to abuse their religions. I know several pagans, and they are some of the kindest people I know.
Alasseo E Megilture chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
I don't think magick is selfish. Everyone has it, but few people realize that they have it. That's why they think people that have is weird, but they don't know that they could do the same thing. That may sound weird, but that's my theroy.
Papillons Noirs chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
I never thought anyone would consider magic selfish...I still don't really know what magic really is.

This was interesting, insightful, and well written. I like it

Thanks for the review!
UnstableRoyalty chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
Wow! I LOVE it! A Kindred spirit in times of people judge first, ask questions later. Again, I love it!

Speaker
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
Agent:

3 minor points

1) If magic is praying to something that does nothing then how by all the powers of light and light can it do more than Goth-girl1 can fathom? It would inherently be a valueless waste of time and I'm sure most of the world can fathom wasted time. It is not all that hard a concept.

2) Don't be so quick to declare magic as worship. I can find more than one category of spellcaster that don't acknowledge anything worth worshipping. They simply attempt to manipulate existing energy.

3) How does your comment apply to this poem?
Melusine07 chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
So true.
De Miles Justus chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
First, Principle. Simplicity.

What is magic in itself? What fundamental purpose does it serve? What does it do? Far more than you have fathomed, I see.

Look closer, little one. Magic is a form of worship. Shallow, callow, and ultimatly worthless, offering prayers to something that can neither, think, move or save you.

And prayer doesn't work if we don't pray to the same God. Even in the Bible being yolked with unbelievers is frowned upon.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
another poem with a great message.. i love how you say that you are selfish after lines that are completely unselfish... excekllent poem
Runwithscythes chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
again, very nice. like the ryhme and the message.
Alyx Bradford chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Very true. That whole idea of selfish magic is really just ignorant and prejudiced.

I'm not a big fan of rhyming couplets, but I do like the short stanzas. Nice job.