Reviews for Starchaser
someone chapter 16 . 12/22/2003
awesome story, update faster!
A. Lee chapter 16 . 12/21/2003
*frowns petulantly* I don't want Elian and Anadrel to become friends.
Amber chapter 14 . 12/8/2003
well, I read the whole story so far and mostly what has been running through my mind is "UPDATE!" I can't wait to see what happens, please don't make me wait until I fall onto the ground in a histerical fit after reading a story I am hooked to and then going into withdrawl. I found a link to your livejournal on the author's page and I looked for information on this story. I didn't find any, but I haven't given my hopes up yet! I think you are a great writer and you should continue this story because it's really good. Please Update! If I could virtually beg I would. But I understand if you get writer's block, everyone does. I hope I didn't freak you out with my insane praise and ranting. I'll stop now so I wont go crazy.
Werecat99 chapter 13 . 12/5/2003
Hehe. Anadrel *is* jealous, after all.
This game of hiding and dancing around each other, although well displayed, has lost something of its appeal by now. I'd really like to see a new turn on their relationship.
I can hardly see a way out for Anadrel. I am eager to see how you'll get her out.
Thanks for the reviews.
A. Lee chapter 13 . 12/1/2003
You know, I think I'm a very strange person. Whenever, in a story, the main character says he will do something, and then goes back on it for a good reason and for the sake of a happy ending, I'm always rather disappointed. Which means, in other words, although a happy ending points towards (most likely) Elian's befriending various peoples, I would still have liked it had he remained aloof.
Either way, Elian is smart. And cool. And Anadrel need to chill a little.
Morcar chapter 12 . 10/28/2003
Ah, another chapter of this one up. Excelent...

Thoughts...

I'm not sure if the Children aren't becoming a bit of an irrelevance. They seem to just be attacking and getting beaten off, attacking and getting beaten off, attacking and getting beaten off. They don't seem to be that credible a threat, and that's (IMO) a problem.

I'm still screaming "Oh for gods sake just tell her already" at the screen, but I can imagine that this is part of the effect you're going for.
Werecat99 chapter 12 . 10/27/2003
Ah, is Anadrel jealous? It seems as if she is. But I liked that chapter.

And I like her more as the story goes on.

I had to wonder, though, how did the Children pass the wards...

PS

Thanks for the reviews. FFnet story also updated.
Werecat99 chapter 11 . 10/22/2003
Hehe. Loved the captain's logic. Inspired by modern taxi drivers, perhaps?

And I certainly liked seeing Anadrel fuming. It added a lot to her character, making out much more real for me.

Ah, and now you tease us with that foreshadowing regarding Yubro's story. That was cruel. And now I definitely want to know how the Deerfriends came to be hated. But hasn't that changed by Herran's time? I do not recall the Deerfriends being hated during his time.

I was surprised to see Elian acting so openly. Didn't he fear of altering the flow of events with his intervention?

I see their relationship is a bumpy road. Too bad I already know it has a not-so-happy ending...

Any chance of updating?

PS

New HP story over at FFnet, if you care to take a peek.
Werecat99 chapter 10 . 10/18/2003
Yes, I'm still alive... And trying to catch up.

I absolutely loved the cat and mouse game between them. Although it's not clear who is who...

And the singing was a nice, although a bit unexpected touch.
Werecat99 chapter 9 . 10/11/2003
I liked both chapters. The interaction between them was delightful.

A note: being a time Elwen seems a rather unfortunate situation, methinks.

And the confrontation with those Children was fascinating. I wonder why they were stalking her and I really want to know what the song means.

Great chaptes, as always.

Sorry I couldn't give a more detailed review. Blame it on the flu.
Morcar chapter 9 . 10/11/2003
Interesting so far, I'm not sure you aren't going to be digging yourself into a hole with the whole time travel element, at the moment you have Elian doing an awful lot of worrying about the consequences of his actions, which is all well and good, but could leave you a bit hidebound later on, unless he has a sudden epiphany and realises that anything he does, he will already have done, but if he's going to be thinking like that, then you'd have thought he'd already *be* thinking like that, if you see what I mean.

The confrontation with the Children in the last chapter is interesting, although does leave one wondering why Anadrel doesn't just blast them with her magic like she did the assassin in Chapter 1, or indeed like Elian did at the start of Chapter 2. On the other hand I'm terribly fond of the idea of magicians dealing with things by being smart and just knowing what to do, rather than by blasting them with raw magical power - it just didn't seem to fit with the way you've portrayed the Starseekers so far.

Still a bit capitalisation heavy for my tastes, but I've already talked about that.
Morcar chapter 4 . 10/10/2003
Interesting so far, although I'm not entirely sure I can take the word "Elwenity" seriously...

I'm not sure that this isn't a bit capitalisation heavy, if you see what I mean, lines like "she reached at once for her Starseeker magic" don't quite work for me.

I'm trying to think of the best way to explain what I mean...

A monk wears a monk's habit, and has his hair cut in a monk's tonsia. He eats a monks breakfast and prays a monks prayers. However if a character is described as a monk, then you don't need to describe their habit as a monk's habit, just as a habit.

Of course it seems in this case that there *is* a distinction between Starseeker magic and other sorts of magic but, that being the case, odds are that there will be other words for it or, failing that, words for more specific elements of it.

Am I making any kind of sense at all here?

Anyhoo, I'll read chapter 2 tomorrow...
A. Lee chapter 8 . 10/10/2003
I think that Elian should have kept on walking, ignoring Anadrel. Her fury and the look on her face would most certainly have been worth it. But then, she might have been forced to resort to her Starseeker powers, and that might not be good because it would have forced Elian to use his powers, and thus chnaged the fabric of itme.

If he was smart, the first thing he would have asked her would have bene the year, claiming amneisa or something like that.

But if Elian was smar,t he also wouldn't be accompnaying ANadrel and disobying everything Virita told him to do.

Of course, although disobeying Virita isn't good for him and his time and the story, I find it highly amusing and encourage it. :)
Werecat99 chapter 7 . 10/9/2003
Ah, no need to apologize. I'm guilty for using cliff-hangers more than once.

It's good to see that Elian has to pay a price for the use of magic, especially one that powerful. It always struck me as strange that spellcasters have unlimited use of their magic.

And I do wonder who sent those wolves.

And I certainly loved the hunting scene. I bet he's dreaming of Elwen burgers by now, hehe.
Werecat99 chapter 6 . 10/8/2003
Ah... Whose nest has Elian stolen? Not a wild cat's I suppose, since felines are not as gratuitous as to sit back and whine.

That was a horrible way to die, as his mother did. And I loved his memories... I'm sure his sister wouldn't have appreciated the fact he had caught her stealing his toy.

Loved the song. And hated the cliffhanger.

Gingerhead updated.