Reviews for My Mistake
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
Wow- raw honesty- not so common.

'as I always do'- seems so downtrodden and siappointed with herself.

'Degraded myself yet again'- and frustrated with herself. (I reckon the line should be chopped in to 2 lines here)

'The emptiness never fades'- simple, but true- gives an idea of wode, open spaces where nothing can grow or live.

'left with who I am'- aww:( Maybe need to work on herself and her self-esteem before getting into a relationship like this because it's hard to love someone when you don't even love yourself- you're not giving yourself a chance.

But you realise that. All you wanted was attention. The guy must feel absolutely crushed, but maybe even knew it was coming. You're right, an apology would not really help so you just leave it.

Very strong poem, simple but realistic, honest and very moving.
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
this made me smile, i hate to say it but at this moment i think i can relate, the way you put it was amazing, quite aloof but troubled.

i think the 2 lines in this poem which really summed it up for me and really really made it, even in their simplicity would have to be...

"Maybe one day I will love myself…

but I will never love you." very lovely.

and also the last 2 lines, just very poetic, gentle, and almost hesitant...

"How hollow an apology would sound from my lips/so that we will leave it forever unsaid…"

once again, beautiful work, kudos.
pirates270 chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
beautiful and moving
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
this is so good, especially the end of it. it's one of those poems where you can read it and feel like it was written *for* you, you know? you do such a great job creating this feeling . . . it's exactly what i remember feeling to a T, which is somewhat depressing because i'd forgotten about it and now this has brought back all the unpleasant memories . . . well, attribute it to the effectiveness of the poem, because it IS very effective. at the beginning, i had my doubts about it ~ "i've done it again" brought a brittany spears song to mind, actually ~ but when i kept reading the initial impression was completely swept away. lol actually, there were a few parts where it sounded *cruel* ~ but that just added to the effect. but my absolute favorite part without question was the final couplet:

'how hollow an apology would sound from my lips,

so that we will leave it forever unsaid...'

*heart heaves a heavy sigh* very moving. excellent piece, yet again. keep up the good work. :)