Reviews for My Black Shell
Valrie A. Cain chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
Hey,
I like it, very creative. Nice work!
Valerie
Rosen Lye chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
Pretty good. The Afterthought was supposed to be about murder, dedicated to Rod Ferrell. If you're wondering who Rod Ferrell is, he was a Vampire Cult leader that brutally slaughtered two innocent people in Florida. He was really close to succeeding as my research has proven. There was a whole movie about it, actually:Vampire Clan. It was the greatest movie in the whole world, starring Drew Fuller (MINE!). Anyway, your poem was very good, and not that depressing. But considering that I like the dark, very much so, it might not seem like a lot from me.
Blessed Be
Piper Evelynne
Ashes of the Night chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Hm, I like that. It's got that gloomy, depressed element to it. Well, and it seems a bit familiar to me...but yeah, I like it.
greenelephant chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
I felt like I really related to this poem. You write with good imagery!
DMTS chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
This reminds me of the Voice Poem...Do you have voices you talk to inside of your head? Because the lines
"My favourite place in the world
Is inside my dark shell
It offers me comfort
Of a different kind
This shell of mine
Is empty
Save for me
And my tormented mind"
remind me of what people who're depressed do at times; talk to voices in their heads. You ever notice that? Generally if somebody's upset they talk to themselves rather than someone else? It's depressing, you're right, but it's very good.
Subieko chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
I like this, it's very metaphorical...I like the part about the sky that was once blue and the stars that USED to be...it's such a beautiful, but sad image. This is really beautiful.
Gethsemane of the Stream chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Man, that was awesome.
I feel realy bad for you now. (if you realy live in a shelled life like that.)
I'll take a life, if I can take your money,
Gethsemane of the Stream
he-he16 chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
very good
i can really related to it
spazticpoetgrl chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
another great one, wow yo you got some talent! ive read others, its just that my hands are freezing so its hard to type, keep writin -Spaz1
waterbaby chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
a little depressing but well writen
Ian C. Cowan chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
ur a very talented poet. i think when u grow up u could have a perfesion. and also this is how i feel so yea. well u should write more even though uve written alot.
Psycho Teddy chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
Very deep. I like the way you used the shell as a metaphor (did I read it right?). It really gave meaning to the whole poem. Well done. :)
Crimson-Shaddow chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
Hi, Thanks so much for reviwing my poem! This is great. You're obviously a very tallented poet.! I'll keep watching for your poems!
Lirael1 chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
This is an interesting poem because you have a sort of balance of wanting to be out in the world, then retracting within again. I especially like the last two stanzas, that's were your voice truly seems to come out. And the imagery in the last is great, "neglected" corner, "distorted shell" you have a wonderful grasp of how to use adjectives to further your voice.
And thank you for reading mine... as I say in my bio, I don't really think when I write poetry, so I'm always surprised and happy that someone read and liked it. Thank you, and keep writing!
dreamshell chapter 1 . 11/11/2003
I can relate to this. So often it seems like we must live inside ourselves or be brought down. Sad, but maybe there's a reason for it. Maybe.