Reviews for Bittersweet Memories
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
very good! i like the emotions in this a lot. i wanted to make a suggestion: i think it would achieve more tone-wise if you broke the long lines down into shorter lines, not really short, but a little bit shorter. and also, i picked up a tiny typo that i thought you might want to know about: "you are a bright star is a dark sky" i think you meant "in a dark sky" no? anyway, moving on . . . the first line was a perfect introductory idea, i read it twice to grasp it completely (possibly because of the non-functioning power of my brain at this moment), and everything just flowed from there. 'twas nice. i liked the second three stanza-lines better than the first three. my favorite parts of lines were "confusion can bring solace in a world where truth hurts more," "your love is irreplaceable and is a scar forever marked on my breast," "tracing my hand along the faint bruises of my heart," and "newly opened wounds of my mind." great job, i liked this one a lot. keep it up. :)
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
beautiful, so beautiful. even if this particular format was a mistake, i think it complimented the poem nicely, very smooth, almost like a very lasting after thought. hvae i told you how much i love this yet, well i loved it. just utter beauty, the language, the atmosphere you created, everything was just breath taking. and now comes the un bareable task of finding my fav lines, i think this shall be my challenge for the day, and i had maths...just shows how amazing this poem is...

first of all the first line captivated me, i was in a tracne for the rest of teh poem, un able to take my eyes from the screen, its beauty and power just was amazing..."Confusion can bring solace in a world where truth hurts moreā€¦" and its meaning, just stunning.

"So here I lie, torn, tracing my hand along the faint bruises of my heart" beautiful, giving life to the bruises, substance, had an awesome effect, really brought it closer to home...i really had to struggle to cut down my favs, but i did it.

great work, this was utter beauty, kudos chica.
lauralie chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
i can relate to your writing, im feeling that way in a situation im in, even though it is short, it says a lot,good work
orriel chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
Beautiful! I love how love and hate coexist in this piece. The poem feels delicate, balanced... eloquent. I don't know why, but I really love it. :adds to favorites:
Tsyris chapter 1 . 10/5/2003