Reviews for Up the Hill and Away from Him
CW-nerd-12 chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
This is an awesome start. It kind of reminds me of the Boxcar Children. Keep writin'!
CassieMR chapter 32 . 12/24/2003
Wow. This story has excellent development. Touching, creative, and disturbing in the least. Your characters are described well. The flashbacks are sickening, but it adds to the creativity of the story. I really enjoy your abiblity to create excitement.
One thing you could improve on is your dialogue... it's excellent, but it's hard to tell who is talking. Start a new line every time the speaker changes. It's a lot easier to read that way, because I sometimes cannot tell who says what and who they are speaking to.
Overall, excellent story! Please update soon; I can't stand the suspense!
RainShadow2005 chapter 31 . 11/24/2003
Ah, another update. This is getting so sad. I didn't expect the story to be heading towards an end this way. Where are Mike and Rebecca? I hope we hear from them soon, possibly to save Carly and Tommy. I'm getting a knot of anxiety in my stomach for the younger two. Please update soon because now I'm getting nervous and I need to know more. :-)
RainShadow2005 chapter 30 . 11/15/2003
Oh, here we go with the awesome plot and the intense cliffhanger. Only this time there is no more chapters left to go on to. I wonder where Mike and Rebecca are? Please update soon.
RainShadow2005 chapter 28 . 11/15/2003
Still my pulse races. I can't stop reading this story. I'm shaking in fear for Carly and Tommy. They have to go back for them. Again, I'll say how good this story is. I still can't believe Tara would do such a thing. I've got to read more.
RainShadow2005 chapter 26 . 11/15/2003
Ok, now the plot has really kicked into action. My heart is pounding. I just knew there was something not right about Tara and all, but it totally took me by surprise. I just love this story. Some things remind me of my story while other things are so breathtakingly different. I love it!
RainShadow2005 chapter 24 . 11/15/2003
Well, if you want longer reviews from me you are going to have to stop writing such intense cliffhangers at the ends of even-numbered chapters. :-D No, seriously, I really like this story. Keep it up. Now I am going to go find out what Rebecca tripped over.
RainShadow2005 chapter 22 . 11/15/2003
I don't understand the point of the ratio at the end. This story is coming along, but this day is starting to become dragged out a little. Maybe that was your purpose, to build the suspence. If so, it's working. Maybe you could send me an email and tell me the importance of the ratio at the end that Mike does.
RainShadow2005 chapter 20 . 11/15/2003
I have beautiful images of the bedroom. I don't trust Tara and Richard anymore and I'm a little nervous about Mike going down there by himself. I'm also a little concerned about how quickly Rebecca broke down when he left. All in due time, I guess. ;-)
RainShadow2005 chapter 18 . 11/15/2003
What the heck? Now I must know what's going on. I have a nasty, bad feeling about this. I am so sorry my review isn't longer, not much happened except chores. I know something is about to go down. I must find out what.
RainShadow2005 chapter 16 . 11/15/2003
So it was a girl. Awesome. I like Tara a lot. She seems collected and with it. I feel like something is about to happen. I'm not sure what, but I feel it coming. Anyhow, my heart dropped to my stomach when Carly called out Tommy's real name. Nice touch.
Katie chapter 30 . 11/15/2003
Still suspenseful! I cannot wait to read the next one
RainShadow2005 chapter 14 . 11/15/2003
What an awesome cliffhanger! But because of it, I can't leave a long review; I want read on to find out who this guy is. Wow, every chapter brings more and more about their past. It keeps getting sadder. Have you thought about trying to get this published?
RainShadow2005 chapter 12 . 11/15/2003
I'm finding it hard to stop and review every other chapter because I keep wanting to just continue with the story. The only thing that stuck out to me here is the corn issue. Corn is almost impossible to eat raw. Once it's already been cooked and it's just cold, then it's ok, but never having been cooked at all, it is very hard to eat. I'm really enjoying the dialogues between the kids. I love Tommy, he's so cool for an 8-year old. And I agree with him about their father. Little kids have a hard time hating their parents, no matter what kind of abuse is going on. Good job keeping that realistic.
RainShadow2005 chapter 10 . 11/15/2003
These flashbacks with their father are getting more and more disturbing. Not in a way that would stop me from reading ... in the way that you meant. They've been walking for about 4 or 5 chapters now, I hope they get some food soon. I'll just have to find out in the next chapter, huh? ;-)