Reviews for The Secret Station
Grace Hsia chapter 10 . 5/10/2004
Great story! Full of intrigue and suspense, and wonder and fantasy. I really like it because it has the whole fantasy idea down (Sort of unlike mine where the only fantasy is the girl being able to read thoughts.) You have a good strong female character. So proud! I just don't like the idea of damsel in distress...which leads to me being attracted to stories like yours. I love it a lot. As for Mu, what a cute name! And I love the idea of having a little catfish for a pet, and the other idea of it being able to turn into a Kyrin. Ah yes...what a lovely world. I like how you have the characters placed so far. And, your story is now on my author alert list. :)
*Orient Fox*
A Chroi chapter 10 . 4/30/2004
Woot! Another dude! *hangs head, blushes* That was NOT meant in the fangirlish way it sounded, I swear. Nickeltaupe...what an uber-coolio name. I like Mu, and I like his "pokeetsu" repeats. It makes m smile. I must have more of this story immediately! Please? I want to know what happens! *whines* Please write more soon!
ChristianGeekGuy chapter 10 . 4/30/2004
Interesting! So Hess grew out of a catfish, huh? Then in this world water elementals grow into fire elementals like hess? Or just into bigger water elementals?
Very good visual imagery in the memory section of this chapter, and a nice little poem/song.
And a new character is introduced. Hurrah.
Good chapter. As always, I look forward to more.
Sylvan Tears chapter 9 . 4/27/2004
Stupid thing wouldn't let me review again...gr...yeah, if you make me a Rags plushie, I will make you a sword of ice for your story. Ooh! Give Rags a sword! *feral grin* I want more of this, and really soon! *whines* Pretty please? I'll cry...okay, not much of a threat, but what are you expecting me to come up with in five seconds? Actually, I have several on hand, but they're kind of violent, and an author such as yourself doesn't deserve them! Besides, only Ireth would actually get the joke...Ah, well. Write more soon! Or face my invisible flying monkeys of doom!
ChristianGeekGuy chapter 9 . 4/26/2004
Good chapter! Some action is nice after the last couple. Hopefully we'll learn a little more about the Secret Station in upcoming chapters.
A Chroi chapter 9 . 4/26/2004
Wow...great description. I could really picture everything in my mind. Lila is kind of annoying, but it's a nice change from Mary-Sues, let me tell you. I like Rags; I want a Rags plushie. I'm glad you updated, but I'll be even more glad if you write more soon...*hint, hint* Thanks for your reviews!
Lauren334 chapter 2 . 4/26/2004
This is really good and very interesting. The story seems to be really different from others as well. Anyway, The description was very good, and it's all written very well. I thought the crocodile person was cool, and I can't wait to find out more about this second world as well as many other things! Thanks for your review!
Mirra The Dragon chapter 9 . 4/25/2004
Wow! That's really all I can say about this story... Just... Wow! It's very different from other stories, really I love it. I thank you for creating such an interesting story and finding your own style. It was a real treat reading this, and I hope you'll write more!
ChristianGeekGuy chapter 8 . 4/13/2004
More of the story in that same style. It's like Alice in Wonderland or Spirited Away or something...but definitely with your own flair.
This chapter was very polished: I didn't notice any spelling/grammar issues, which is always nice for the reader, especially on fictionpress :-).
My only piece of advice is this:
You've done an excellent job of painting a setting, but for the last couple of chapters, the characters have mostly just relaxed. With setting firmly established, advance the plot a little. Give us some action!
Looking forward to your next update.
A Chroi chapter 8 . 4/9/2004
Yes, an update! *does a happy dance* This was interesting; I like the little bits of Rags & co.'s culture that you slip in. The only thing I found confusing was the third person to first person shift; at first, I didn't know who was speaking, and it confused me. I figured it out after awhile, but it was kinda vague at first. Other than that, it was an excellent chapter. I hope you update soon!
Aureya of Chocolate chapter 7 . 3/18/2004
oh
even more great stuff (Y)
im really loving this story, the characters are just so adorable and wonderful that i love hearing about them and hearing them talk and hearing them think.
you're doing an EXCELLENT job, please write more!
lotsa luv,
jazzo
A Chroi chapter 7 . 3/13/2004
Very nice. I liked the roller brush-stalacite comment. That made me smile. This is so cool. I love how you describe the scenery and everything. It's sort of ragged (rags seeming to be the theme? No...) elegance, isn't it? This is very cool, and I hope you update soon!
ChristianGeekGuy chapter 7 . 3/12/2004
Alright, another chapter...too bad it's a short one :).
In the dialogue in the second paragraph of ch. 7, it's unclear how many people are talking.
I thought it was funny the way you snuck in the thing about the roller brush.
Overall, I'm afraid I didn't think this chapter was as good as the others. The catfish and the tapestries were a bit interesting, but the chapter didn't really advance the story or develop the characters any more.
Anyway, still liking the story overall. Keep writing!
Cutlass chapter 2 . 3/12/2004
Interesting start! Although I'm somewhat skeptical that Lila would accept Rags so easily. Maybe include some more dialogue between them, how he taught her to blend in with the surroundings, etc? Anyway, this is a really unique storyline and the crocodile chase scene was superbly written. I look forward to reading the rest of this!
Greeneyes616 chapter 6 . 3/10/2004
hello, I really really like your story, its so incredibly original, that I am in amazement :)...keep up the good work.
~Greeneyes616