Reviews for The Secret Station
ChristianGeekGuy chapter 2 . 1/3/2004
Interesting! This doesn't remind me of anything else I've read, and that's a good thing. I think this is a very creative concept so far.
One aspect I like is the inclusion of details (the man with huge eyebrows for example), but you don't overwhelm the reader with them.
One thing to work on? Well, the parents seem a little flat, especially the phychologist mother who expects a 'girly' girl.
I think it might be interesting to get rid of the exposition describing the parents and describe them through the eyes of the child, Lila. Even if she was less descriptive, it could be an interesting perspective.
Hope to read more soon.
SuZakuGaiden chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Nice job describing things. Very vivid.
However, the dialogue seems a bit stiff. The characters strike me as a bit overly archetypal. Also, it's a little hard to follow. Overall, seems nice though.
TheMasterSword chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Very good introduction, keeps you wondering right off the bat. _ It's good to see a new take on the tried-and-true "Ghost Train" theme. Keep writing!
Maleah Daila chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
Tee-hee! Loved it, very intrigued! Creepy little kids freak me out, but I'm sure you'll do great.

So, I want more, which means you write more, which means I won't have to get the Breenie baby to smack you. It all works out!

Jessy
Aureya of Chocolate chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
Oher!

"Indigo smoke rises where indigo smoke should not be."

Yes, I'm very intruiged!

Keep writing, keep writing! I'm actually getting really into this story already.

Oh... that mother sounds scaryy...

I like the idea of a no-adults train...

"Adults can not see it but they can still hear it threading through the sky."

o...

WRITE MORE!

Lotsa luv,

Jazzo

P.S. Thanks heaps for that review. There's nothing more encouraging to a third class writer than a glowing review from a person you don't know. :)
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4