Reviews for Apocalypse
she's so hardcore chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
I was reading this (well, duh...) and you know who in movies they sometimes have those strange little scenes like with a child dancing and singing a song like that and it switches from showing the kid to a different scene that's just horrible and depressing and back and forth like that? I was thinking of that while I read this. It turned out pretty cool...too bad I can't make it.

dragonfly
tripchick chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Scary, but very good. I like it loads. It's definitely going on favorites.
DIEDELETED chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
Ring around the rosie...Hm- Im guna borrow that into a poem! thanks for the insparation!
Fuzzy Blue Elf Lover chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
First I'd like to apologize for not responding as soon as I would have liked to. Senior year can be VERY time-consuming.

Secondly, I'd like to say that I'm very glad I did wait. Had I not, I probably wouldn't have found the time to read this poem. It is amazing. Simply put. I know as a writer, it is really important to get feedback into faults, but I honestly see none with this poem. I love the entire concept of the poem, which I haven't seen anywhere that I can remember. At least not done in quite the same fasion. Yet, you managed to accomplish the task so well! Yeah...AMAZING. _

And as to your intrigue on "Closet Door," I as a writer have a firm belief that the poet's specific meaning of his works is not necessarily as important as the meaning extracted by the reader's own insight. If someone REALLY wants to know what goes on in my head, they'll talk to me. If they want to achieve insight into what lies within their own heads, they'll read my works. Poetry arouses emotions that often times we don't even know exist within ourselves. Sometimes it's sympathy or terror, other times it's anger or lust. Either way, it's good to FEEL. It lets you know that you are indeed living.

Wow, sorry to rant. Hah, so I guess your question will remain somewhat of an enigma, huh? Don't worry, mysteries are always more interesting when they're left unsolved.
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Words cannot fully do this piece justice. It was that amazing.

Heart of the Sword
soulspring chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
wow... this was incredible! so clever how you used the simple nursery rhyme throughout; it only added to the sheer intensity of the piece. going into my faves; fantastic!
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
This is an awesome idea and format! I never thought of anything like this before... you are such a creative spirit! It seems like you are coming out of that "Creative Crash" you were going through for a while. (I sure hope so at least).

A truly incredible job...write on!
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
yay a new post! mmk before i forget, i wanted to say thanks for explaining who Akhenaten was i went back and reread the poem again and it was really fascinating the second time around. :) also, *please* forgive me for taking so long to review this i have so much homework that i feel like i'm on the brink of suicide. in eight weeks i should be able to review new posts almost instantaneously *promise!*, so try to bear with me for a while. *ehem* we now return to your regularly scheduled review :P

I. LOVE. THIS. it completely, thoroughly and utterly blew me away. there isn't a word in the english language to describe how incredibly fabulous it is. i'm humbled by how well you weaved the ring around the rosy (and all its unpleasant implications) into the main body of the poem. usually when people try and do that, the rhythm breaks, but yours ran with a surreal kind of perfection the whole time. especially the part at the end of the last stanza, "untarnished by evil/untouched by the sun/ring around the rosy" reading that was like snapping a piece of a jigsaw puzzle into place. the message is depressing but very well constructed. i seem to recall you wanted to know about anything that didn't sound grammatically right, yes? there was only one line in this entire poem that didn't really make perfect sense . . . "we've come full circle" possibly 'we've completed/made/danced a full circle' would work better? oh well, it doesn't matter, the rest of the piece was so intense and strong that that one line didn't bring the caliber of it down in the least. my favorite lines . . . god there are too many of them. but ok to narrow them down *substantially*: "untarnished by evil/untouched by sin/ring around the rosie," "the serpent picked the locks on pandora's box," "raped by human malice," "and we would cry, but our tears are polluted" (that one actually made me shiver, as i recall), and "on desolate hilltops below the last eclipse." also, it needs to be said that the placement of "ashes, ashes" is *perfect* to the highest degree it made a huge impact on me. actually, this entire piece made a huge impact on me. actually YOU yourself have made a huge impact on me onto the favorites list you go! :) lots and LOTS of kudos for this piece, chica, it's absolutely transcendant. post again soon!
CoolBeans18s chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
This. Is. AMAZING! I absolutly love how you interjected the rhyme, starting with the innocent 'ring around the rosie', and just going through, growing up with the human hatred and destruction, finally to the 'We all fall down'. This was just so /true/, so well put. This haunts you, in a way. Just brilliant.

CoolBeans18s
Alyx Bradford chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
Wow. I really like this poem. I love intercutting the nursury rhyme with your own work. Your language is really powerful. Excellent job!
Seras Nova chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
*Breathes out* Wow. That was the most philisophical thing I have ever read on here. That was a very creative and inspiring piece you have here. Nice work.

Keep writing

-Seras
La Solange chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
Wow... amazing. This is beautiful, and I can't wait to finish the review so I can go read some others. o_o Wow.

FF