Reviews for Leaving the Light
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
I'm so excited that your story is getting published. It was the first story I ever read on here... I'm pretty sure I started reading it like, ten years ago. It first started out where you hadn't even finished Leaving the Light, but then I got to read that entire thing through and then a few updated chapters of Season of Darkness. I'm still so excited to see how it turns out, please let me know if/when it's published because I would really love to buy a copy. I love your writing. :)
Fan chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
I can't wait until your book is published:) I read it about five years ago, and it was the first story I ever read on here.I loved it. Definitely haven't found one I love as much as I did leaving the light and season of darkness. :) Let me know when it's published, and I'll definitely buy it straight away!
Surcatche chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
OMG! Really? I just read that your having this story published! :D :D :D :D I'm so happy. Your an awesome author, and this is an amazing story that deserves to be published! I started reading this like, two years ago i think. But i noticed season of darkness is down too. Are you not letting anybody read that until it's published? Haha, thats the smart thing to do. Anyway, SO going to buy that book the day it goes on shelves! :D Now I'm really happy! Haha
situationaloptimist chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
hey shouldnt there have been some kind of warning of the rape usually u have to post warnings seeing how your summary gave no indication. i was a little unsure about the story but when bram appeared i took more interest, im going to be honest with you this story is depressing as hell. getting raped and bitten everyday? i honestly cant imagine what experience you've thought up that could actually make staying alive or wanting to stay in that place worth it. honestly you need to update your summary. im having the hardest time continuing this story because honestly its as if nothing good will ever happen. sorry if this review seems harsh but damn how can i be happy when things are always going wrong, there isnt one positive thing for toni to look forward to well possibly the day she'll die.
JenniVu chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
OMG! SO interesting!
tinkerbella87 chapter 55 . 2/6/2009
TOTALLY AWESOME ! GET THIS PUBLISHED I WILL BUY IT !
charm en route chapter 30 . 7/9/2008
I'm scared by very large paragraphs without break, mostly because I get hyper and can't concentrate on what sentence I'm on and whatever.

And this chapter is totally crazy, because I think fictionpress mest it up and took out all of your spaces and whatnot.

I'm actually just reviewing to tell you about the technical problem, but while I'm here let me express the love I now have for your writing/story.

I love your writing/story.

:p
gwen chapter 55 . 4/20/2008
I realy enjoyed reading Leaving the Light, but I must really ask if you had enjoyed reading the novel 1984, for some aspects of it creeped into your writing. When Toni was talking to the king after she had the ten lashes and he told her something along the lines of 'you can help yourself' (or something like that)I half ecpected her to say 'you should have done this to Bram! Bram, not me!' in a real Winston betraying Julia fashion. After Keir had mentioned that if 225 it would be five... I kept looking for ways to relate what you were writing to 1984. And it let up until the very end, you know? Because if I remeber correctly from the novel the white always loses, B.B will always be around (end of story).As it went the same for Toni, she will always have to be under the thumb of the king (just like Winston was always under the thumb of the government). Come to think of it, I also recall a part of L.L that said that Toni needed to be loyal to the king (or something like that) and I ahve to tell you that I was looking for them to say that not only did Toni have to obey the King, but gosh darn it, she had to LOVE the king as well.

All in all, it was a good novel that kept me on the edge of my seat, and I am totally going to read the next part asap.
Estelin chapter 55 . 3/1/2008
this story was excellent. I can't wait to read the second part. Keep up the good work and writing.
Diamandis chapter 55 . 9/4/2007
this looks good, but i don't think i can read it because the way its only on the left would just annoy me sorry. But it looks brill, i luv stories like this.
Andy Lex Bain chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Some of the sentences are rather long. Other than that its pretty intriguing and piques my interest. Although then I saw how many chapters there are...lol
RedHairedWriter chapter 16 . 11/30/2006
I'm thinking of a word begining with P... *smiles* I liked these 2 chapters. I didn't think I would like The lady with a K name (sorry...), but I think I do now.

P.S. I said I was posting the third chapter today, but I can't. microsoft word on my computer keeps crashing and trashing my work. *grumbles*
RedHairedWriter chapter 14 . 11/29/2006
Sorry you probably got a flood of e-mails from me yesterday. I don't always review every chapter, I just kept forgetting the main point I had hit the review button (pathetic but it's me so...)

I tend to listen to keir more when he talks, because Toni is a bit eccentric (I don't think that's the word) in this chapter. I wouldn't get so worked up over the knife, I would just be sure to remember it.

There are a lot of questions she (and others) raises throughout the story which have not yet been answered. That bugs me but it happens in many books I've read.

I think the only reason the story isn't easy to get into, is because of all the hints at the time jump (it's not so bad, not bad enough to change the story I think) and the snippet format is interesting but it gives one many chances to get distracted. I smooth flowing story keeps one involved. I'm not saying I'm good at either types of writing. I would really appreciate it if you would read my story "Easier said then done" it's a slow update though and it's probably got too many mistakes.

Oh and I read so much yesterday because I was working... bad of me but it doesn't slow me down (lots of scanning involved). I can't write and work though.

Cheers.
RedHairedWriter chapter 12 . 11/28/2006
this is the best chapter so far. There were so many little high lights (well I call them highlights). Yeah I get what you mean about keir not being unstable... I think. the story takes to long to get into and I don't think that's a good thing, but I do think it's a good story.

lol. I can ramble.
RedHairedWriter chapter 11 . 11/28/2006
"...You know I'm really not that bad." Had it been anybody else I

probably would have jumped out of my seat, but I was expecting

Keir, after all my thoughts have rotated around him all day.

"I'm only harsh at times. When I need to be."..."

~ you don't actually say who she's talking to. Makes the rest of the chapter a bit confussing.

The radio bit was cool. I liked that alot.

her developing obsession with Keir is a bit anoying, but not to a great extend. I'm just starting to wander how things are going to work out for her.

Sorry I skipped a few chapters. I think I only had one question from them is the dying moments (or the last moment before they're turned) imprinted in their eyes? cause that's what the scene where she saw something in his eyes reminded me of. If not can I use that? cause it's interesting and can have a few side effects... lol.
72 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »