Reviews for Dry Lives
Miamouse chapter 1 . 10/15/2003
m, the line 'blue teenage doubt' doesn't really scan very well. Maybe cut out either 'blue' or 'teenage'. I'd suggest cutting 'teenage' as I always try not to sound like a teenager, but that's just me.

Otherwise, I like this... I like the image of the sky being in a bucket, spilling over. Some lovely imagary.

Advice for writers block... don't worry- it will probably pass with no trouble at all. I had 2 months of writers block, and the first poem I wrote after that won a national competition. So, maybe you just need a bit of a break from writing, some 'you' time. This might give your mind some time to reboot and get the ideas flowing again. Just my advice.

Mia
pippin tomson chapter 1 . 10/14/2003
the poem leaves a good effect
JJR Meerraf chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Well, writer's block isn't affecting you too bad. I loved the lines:

"But the leaf crumbles and sways to the ground

Like ashes of past memories forming a mound"

Nothing harsh to say, as always it was a joy to read your stuff.

Sorry I can't read more now, but I'm looking forward to doing so in the future.

Keep writing!
Diana Shore chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Good poem for having writers block. Nice imaging, but sad in the end.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
ok this poem has great imagery but there doesnt seem to be a real point... or if there is one I missed (the second thing is more likely)... I love the rhyming but the phrase full of blue teenage doubt just didnt seem right... good poem tho! good luck defeated writers block
Nerf chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
I love this, the last stanza is reli great. i love the last line

We were happy in those days

It's a reli strong ending.

thanx for all the reviews, and the mention in ur profile! Yay! That was reli sweet, thanx!

XXNerfxx