Reviews for Fairyland
AVIGON chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
There are times after I've read stuff by people that don't care about language, and butcher it, and slaughter it, that I really need something to show me there are still people out there that know what language can do to a person, what it can mean, what it can become.
Your poems do that for me, and the only thing I'm afraid of, is one day turning up at your hideout on this site and not finding something new to read. So I try to pace myself and not read to much at a time.
Fairyland... there's always at least one line that stands out in your poems, one line that says more than anything. This time that's "(as long as i don't have to breathe in the scent of my own blood, i swear, i'll never tell.)" to me. And by picking this particular line, I'm not doing justice to the rest of the poem, cause that's the perfect setting for this one line that struck me so much.
CrimsonCat chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
(as long as I fon't have to breathe in the/scent of my own blood, i swear, i'll never tell.)

That's exactly how my life used to be. Back when the night wasn't safe for me. And I love the description you put for this poem too. It really caught my attention. That last line is the killer though... It's so sad.. and final.

ps - I emailed you back :) I hope you get it! Hotmail has been a pain lately.
HeavyMetalMaiden chapter 1 . 10/17/2003
this is really amazing.

"It'll be our secret, you and I"...

Oh, I get chills. I like how you sorta gave the finger to the MLA, or standard, poem format. Ha, brilliant.
Katterree Fengari chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
um...that's sorta odd...interesting, really... Like a really interesting story behind it that you're hinting at...the sort that comes thru a dream, and would really rock if written well and really suck if written poorly, and so you hint about it in a poem to taunt us...clever...

Yea, I'm just guessing...it's kewl that way, still, though. I have no idea how it relates to the title tho. _
weatherbeaten chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
Cool. Well...that's not the word for it. I know what it is but I can't spell it ;). I like this. Very intresting. (That was the word). I clap for this one. Good job and keep at it!
KawaiiCookie chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
That's really pretty, it made me shiver.

"as long as I don't have to breathe in the scent of my own blood, i swear, i'll never tell"...That'll be coursing through my mind for the rest of the day. ) Wicked job!