Reviews for Broken Bird
mokusei chapter 11 . 4/15/2004
wow, sorry about your grandmother, that really sucks. great story though! you've developoed all your characters really well, except for bird. i feel like i don't really know her as well as all the others, is this on purpose? will we get to know her later? keep up the great work!
Olena chapter 11 . 3/26/2004
This chapter was simply amazing. This is something one should read for both inspiration and food for thought. I won't write a mini-novel here, although you've given me enough things to talk about. I'll just say that this is an astounding piece of literature, and you've really outdone yourself (again) with those nature descriptions and death theme. I'm dying of jealousy right about now, because frankly, I can't hope to be half as good as you are. Thank you for wonderful reading.
Kenyako Divination chapter 11 . 3/25/2004
Dear Psy,
I was originally reading this, while I let my ice cream melt, and it did so I started reading. Sure enough I came across a part that had such a deep, melancholy meaning that I could help but shed a tear for Gilthon, not because he was dying, although that was very heartbreaking, but what made me cry the hardest was how the people around him felt and how compelling those emotions were written down.
This chapter was the type of thing that could give inspiration to the greatest known authors just with its deep emotion and hauntingly realistic feelings that one receives just by reading a single sentence in this chapter.
It was by far the most...wow, I don't think I have words to express how truly broken I felt after reading this and literally could see what Bird and Solasair saw as Solasair slowly died and about the cruelties of war and death.
You really deserve to call yourself a writer because no one else could ever have done so well then someone like you Psy. I applaud you on this chapter, for it is my favorite among many others. If I could write anything half as emotional as this I still wouldn't match up. It's just that wonderful.
I really hope you update soon and don't say that I hope you feel better after that horrible incident, but don't say that you weren't a good grand daughter. She wouldn't want you to think that way, she'd want you to be happy and not angst over it. Remember that.
-*K*D*
Sasha L. Miller chapter 10 . 2/27/2004
i was SO confused for like the first three chapters... you kept introducing more characters with little explaination! but that's ok, cus you pulled them together later and so it's ok. wow... that was a babble and a half...
anyway.. i really like your writing, 'specially this story and i hope you update again soon...
Olena chapter 10 . 2/4/2004
Oh my, poor poor Rage, I feel so sorry for him T_T
Eric: ...
And Rath is so nice, caring for her little bro like that
Eric: ...
You know what? Sarcis is HOT!
Eric: Will you shut the hell up, woman? It's fucking unbelievable! Rage, be strong, man. I know you'll do fine, you're no weakling...*makes out with Rage*
-_-;; Gomen...I guess my bishis are horny and desperate *sigh*
Kenyako Divination chapter 10 . 2/3/2004
Hey,
WOW! What a great chapter, and I mean it like always. Poor Rage, I feel so bad for him and his mommy, it sounded like he loved her a lot. I can't wait to know more about the history behind Rage's family and siblings.
Well, keep up the good work and I'll be waiting for author alerts!
Ja ne!
*K*D*
Lena chapter 9 . 12/23/2003
~_~ It was an awesome chapter, confusing as hell but so good. I had no idea that Rage had a sis, she sounds cool. And Sarsix is just as sexy as his bro hehe Anyways, Bird's POV turned out nicely, I loved it Now write more, I can't wait to find out what happened to Rage.
foxdance chapter 3 . 12/2/2003
Solasair! *glomps* Mine! Can i have him? PLease?
Okay, that was freaky, but I have a fan-girl complex acting up at the moment I have a thing for bishies. Ack, and he's an angel, too! *huggles Solair*
Great imagery as usual. It's my preferred way of making descriptions; incorporating emotions into the environment and descriptions of the characters. Few writers here accomplish that.
Another laudable thing: the interaction between your chaarcters are vividly faithful to the atmosphere. Or, it may be the other way around-it is the dialogue that created the atmosphere. Nicely done.
Anyway, I'm out of time as usual, so I'll come back when schoolwork eases up again.
Baibai
leib chapter 9 . 11/23/2003
-_- I didn't have time to read ch 7 last time, so i couldn't review it...

Anywayz, nice story! I like it!
leib chapter 8 . 11/23/2003
oh, i like! Can't wait for the next chapter! good story so far.
Kenyako Divination chapter 9 . 11/18/2003
Hey,

Wow, that's quite a history! I would hate to be the humans during this time, they just weren't too liked were they? ;

Great chapter, I loved the detail and the emotion behind it all. I wish I could write like this.

Keep up the great work, and update as soon as possible!

Ja ne!

*K*D*

P.S Thanks so much for that lovely review, it made my day
Olena chapter 9 . 11/16/2003
_ Too much history and information *brain overload*...never mind me. Good chapter, it gives an overall picture of what's going on on Earth. Now bring back Rage and Bird! AND Solasair and Aki! Me want some kissing and cuteness

Eric: So do I *leanes over to kiss Rage*

Me: -_-x he just has to show up his ugly ass in every review, I tell ya *drags horny Eric away*
foxdance chapter 2 . 11/16/2003
Your descriptions of the girl's song was just wonderful... You talk of the feelings it evokes in metaphors. Very nice.

I find it quite peculiar that a demon with such aversion to daylight and colors and everything nice would appreciate music. Peculiar, but striking in its irony. That he could be pleased by the beauty of a song even without comprehension (maybe he's incapable of that) is quite befuddling.

I'm intrigued by this Rage fellow He sounds... heroic. And cute. Don't ask me how I ascertained the latter, because I'm just working with a girl's instinct here.

The flesh festival sounds like a bloody feast of gore and 'food' eaten alive, and since I like readinga nd writing dark stories myself, it'd be nice to read more. Except that i have classes in a couple of minutes. Oh well. I'll be back when I'm free again

Good read. It's goin' into my favs list ;p
foxdance chapter 1 . 11/16/2003
OMG.

That was quite a spectacular

prologue. The imagery is very detailed and relates more than just physical descriptions of the dungeons, but also the mood of it-the fear crawling up the cold stone floors, the

unsaid but known grime and inky darkness that probably has witnessed

many a blood spilling. I can almost

visualize evrything.

Am i getting too verbose? Yup, I love

the imagery that much
Olena chapter 8 . 11/10/2003
*pur* Such a good chapter, you're doing god with POVs change. And finally we hear about Aki, he's the cutest little thing Thanks for the dedication, Pat said 'thank you'.
32 | Page 1 .. Last Next »