Reviews for Sky Castles
Finger Dingbat chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
lovely.
Juliet Squared chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
Bittersweet, my favorite mood of poetry. Love it.
pennydeath chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
Wow...it's like you're telling a story but singing it at the same time, for some reason - this sounds like laughing. Really brilliant.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 11/14/2003
Vivid, perfectly intertwined-utterly nonstereotypical metaphors, beautiful imagery, uplifting theme...I love this, I love this, I love this!
aleppine chapter 1 . 10/26/2003
This is breath-takingly beautiful ...

It feels like a giggling starry-eyed child on a wild adventure the adults won't see even if it's staring them in the face, just 'cos you gotta be in a certain plane of mind to experience it. Let me isolate some favourite lines, eh?

'...as our hearts grew giddy wings and flew...'

Oh ... why am I bothering?

I love the way you've turned the universe and the galaxies and all they have to offer into a child's playground, with fantastical toys and games and past-times. Distilled into it all behind that sense of childlike joy, however, is a more mature feeling of love - and not because of the 'made babies' part - it reminds me of those really wild soaring-in-the-sky moments when you are so in love that you keep checking to see if you really have grown wings, and aren't really disappointed that you haven't, 'cos you realise that you don't really need them. If you just jump into the air ...

Please excuse me, I have a favourite's list to sort out.
Lux's Confusion chapter 1 . 10/21/2003
wow, magical, fantasy, worlds no one can comprehend, but you dared to do so, if this wasn't evidence of imagination i don't know what is. ok being as i havn't read or reveiwed anything in a very long time (school), i knew you wouldn't dissapoint and you so didn't. i loved this one, loved it. can i steal your head or maybe rent it for like an hour so i can get famous? come on, please?

anyway for the poem here we go...

i love how you the poet created a world of your own out of glass, spun and intricate and not caring if someone saw the same images as you did cause you understood them. images that took life from your hands (or glass blown breath as may be the case here). great first stanza with all the literary talant you have. love it.

second stanza was this mad race of freedom, a race to capture the beauty that you knew was always within or there.

last two goes back to my original thing. i got amazing imagery out of this and it takes a lot of skill, i should know this pretty well since all my stuff is based on inflicting images and concepts. well it ain't easy, need i say more? but the context, the universe and planents and stars were absolutly perfect for the idea of love and freedom that this poem represents. ok i'll stop rambling, its bad for my health!

-Jasmine-
soulspring chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
awesome piece! this just has such a great feel to it... love the imagery and the mood. fantastic once again!
RingWraith14 chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
Very good!

Loved it!

Not good at reviews sorry!
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
wow... that was completely incredible! The imagery was awesome, the words are cool, and I just can't explain how awesome the words that formed this poem are. It was awesome.

write on!
PainKiller chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
Holy smokes... simply incredible. You've done a masterful job with the metaphor, and working it into the premise of the poem. Amazing work on this.
Lady B.V Rose chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
Oh...so...wow...just...wow...O_O *Faints*

- BVR xx
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 10/17/2003
Awesome! The message of hope and the balance of despair really made this to be quite a work.

Heart of the Sword