Reviews for crossing the line
unspecified chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
omg. your ideas are amazing. i really know, what you mean by having something, where abused kids can confide in someone.. but im not quite sure that would work. i was sexually abused, over the period of a summer.. and the only person i could confide in was an amazing teacher, who i had known and trusted for three years. but still very thought provocative. i love it.

loves

great jobp.s: did u get an amazing grade?
giygas666 chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
This essay has opened my eyes. I had no idea that hazing was so pervasive among sports teams. The remedies you suggested are being implemented in many places, thankfully. The fact that hazing is so accepted in male-dominated areas such as sports, fraternities, and the military sends a disturbing message about this society and the way males are socialized.
I did find a typo in your first paragraph about the University of Vermont; you misspelled 'public' as "publick." Just thought I'd let you know. Otherwise the spelling and grammar is good.
Anyway, you make good points and argue them effectively. Good essay.
Zell
shannon chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
very good points.
Lina Inverse chapter 1 . 10/17/2003
It had never hit me before that sexual abuse was extraordinarily high in the sports setting. Your essay was very well written and informative.
cramer chapter 1 . 10/17/2003
THis was a good essay. You would be a good reporter... i felt like i was readig an article from a newspaper. This was very informative. Its good to get things like this out there so that people can't just ignore the problem. I don't know of any hazing or sexual abuse at my school (although our principle was sued for being too friendly) but i hope people who do have to deal with that can rise above it and fight back. This was a very good essay. Keep writing.