Reviews for Sweet White Icing
Miss Independent3 chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
this is such a pretty poem. I am an ice dancer and I thought this was that coolest poem!
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 11/22/2003
Hey! This is really qt, I lvoe ice-skating! This is great, lol, really sweet. Love, Mia

PS: Btw, I used to be Queen of twilight..
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 10/22/2003
Beautiful!

Great, vivid imagery- the descriptions are so cool (fine- I admit to bad puns:S) "white icing" and "coldness solid and strong" etc- the descriptions were great and "I feel as though I'm floating" is the feeling that the first 2 stanza give off- floating across the ice.

And then ! Becomes more than just description as you trip.

The "Warming me" was a clever contrast to the rest of poem and everything seems so clear and perfect. Then you're flying away. Relieved "drained of fear"

Even though it's frosty, it doesn't seem cold- it seems invigorating and free.

I loved how I could feel myself cutting across the ice as I read this.
JJR Meerraf chapter 1 . 10/21/2003
I told you I would read it. Great work! I loved the end part about how someone pulled you up and you guys were then together. Great and beautiful work!
Nerf chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
I reli like this, i havn't been ice skatin in years, but i remember falling on my arse ver well. i love the idea of the cold

Fave part:

I feel as though I'm floating but my foot begins to slip

I correct it but I'm falling, my body takes a dip

The ice is getting nearer, beckoning my mind

I attempt to pull away, any likely way I find

Well done! Loved it!

XXNerfxx

P.S I have no ideas for a title, i wud jus do something encompassing the idea of cold.
swirlygirl chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
wow what imagery great poem that was awesome i felt like i was really there...great work! and thanks for the review!
Winged One1 chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
Title first, Review later! Okay, my first poet rule: When stuck for a title, yoink something outta the first line. "The ice speaks my name, its whispers smoothes my cheek"

How about Cold Whispers? I just like the sound of that...

Onto the Review! I love it...inspiration strikes at the randomest places.

Oh! I like the last 2 lines, I had to say that. They are beautiful...And the rhyming? So perfect I didn't even realize it was there. :D Great poem!

winged one
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
crazy cuz its sad & happy... excellent personification & imagery i like this poem A LOT!
IHJ chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
Oh, whoa... Very nice imagery and word choice. I like the words alluding to the cold. Perhaps if you take out the word "can" in the last line of the second stanza, it might have a smoother reading...?

A good poem.

(I suck at titles. I'll think on it.)

-Izzy J.
Miamouse chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
I love this... beautiful description. Very cold images, this poem gives.

Sorry, can't think of a title...I'll keep thinking.

Mia