Reviews for Sanctuary
Aneliz Rei chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
I like the enjambment in this poem. "Sweet Solidarity" appeals to me as well. I only wish there were some indication of a break between the penultimate and last lines to make the reading easier. Not punctuation, as that's not in your style, but perhaps a simply line break?

Kudos on another excellent piece. ellsbeth
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Not all life's mad rush,

Let me dwell in peace—your hush,

¿Did I make you blush?

But then,—gentleness can crush,

One hair strand,—caught on a brush.
frugale chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
That's express poetry: clear, aesthetic and unique. For some reason, I find the rhyming cunningly appropriate.
soulspring chapter 1 . 11/13/2003
i can definitely relate to this piece right now. great word choice!
yui-kun chapter 1 . 11/10/2003
wow! the image it conjures (ae least in my mind) is really beautiful. .
Lady B.V Rose chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
*Sigh* so simple, so effective...so beautiful...

- BVR xx
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
ah yes, the only sane thing in the world of crazy. got a really soppy picture in my head of a couple gripping onto each other within the eye of a storm. wonderful, kudos.
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
cool! I really love the theme of this one. It is so real, so beautiful... it makes me glad that I can read!

write on!
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 10/22/2003
aw! i love it! there is such a GREAT contrast here, all the movement in the first half against the sweet steadiness and solidity of the second half. the "somehow i find/you" was a *perfect* transition, it made me smile :). i'd even say there's some real warmth in the last two lines *basks in the warm fuzziness* :P excellent poem, love it to bits. :)
Taka and Keichirou chapter 1 . 10/21/2003
short but great...love your style

T
Children of the Root chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
you always need a sanctuary. For me its my room. Its so nice and comfy and safe feeling.

Good job!
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
We do need a place of peace in order to keep ourselves sane. Great work.

Heart of the Sword
teh tarik chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
Wow...that was so beautiful...you're a great writer.
chairmanmeow chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
Ah, what everyone wishes for. Great haiku. Definitely one of my favs.
swirlygirl chapter 1 . 10/19/2003